The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

7 hours ago, ubkev said:

I'm going to get gas today. It's been over 3 months.

I pulled up to the wrong side of the pump. Then I picked the wrong octane. Then I just said "***** it" and left! I'm a hazard to myself and everyone around me. I stopped and got dog food then I regrouped at another gas station. Second try was a success. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I pulled up to the wrong side of the pump. Then I picked the wrong octane. Then I just said "***** it" and left! I'm a hazard to myself and everyone around me. I stopped and got dog food then I regrouped at another gas station. Second try was a success. 

You don't by any chance work for PSE do you?

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

You don't by any chance work for PSE do you?

I'm gonna blame it on the fact that it was my first day back to work in over 3 months and that I haven't actually had a chance to drive my new car yet.

....or, I'm just as stupid as I always say I am and it's yous guyses fault for not taking my word for it.

40 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I'm gonna blame it on the fact that it was my first day back to work in over 3 months and that I haven't actually had a chance to drive my new car yet.

....or, I'm just as stupid as I always say I am and it's yous guyses fault for not taking my word for it.

I thought that the plural form of you was only found in the NS language.  Yous speak NS very goodly.  Well done.

My wife's vehicle has the fuel inlet on the opposite side of mine so I always pull up on the wrong side at the gas station when I'm driving it.  By the time I curse, punch the steering wheel and try to pull up to a pump on the correct side another vehicle always slides in before I pull off the maneuver.  

Youse gotta fill up befar goin to the bah naught afta.

1 minute ago, Indabuff said:

My wife's vehicle has the fuel inlet on the opposite side of mine so I always pull up on the wrong side at the gas station when I'm driving it.  By the time I curse, punch the steering wheel and try to pull up to a pump on the correct side another vehicle always slides in before I pull off the maneuver.  

Youse gotta fill up befar goin to the bah naught afta.

You guys need to look for the arrow on the gas gauge before you pull up to a pump.

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Weave said:

You guys need to look for the arrow on the gas gauge before you pull up to a pump.

Dude, before I got in the car to leave work I said to myself OUT LOUD "gas tank is on your side, ***** head." Then I drove out of the parking lot and across the street. Not across town! I traveled 2000 feet! And I pulled up to the wrong side. 

Old habits man. I drove my last car for almost 8 years. 

That, and I'm a moron.

• Thanks (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Dude, before I got in the car to leave work I said to myself OUT LOUD "gas tank is on your side, ***** head." Then I drove out of the parking lot and across the street. Not across town! I traveled 2000 feet! And I pulled up to the wrong side. 

Old habits man. I drove my last car for almost 8 years. 

That, and I'm a moron.

I got you beat. I once pulled up to the wrong side (granted, not my vehicle), then swung around to the other side, of course still on the wrong side before pulling away too embarrassed to face the attendant who had watched the whole sad affair play out.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ubkev said:

That must have been some really good weed.?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I got you beat. I once pulled up to the wrong side (granted, not my vehicle), then swung around to the other side, of course still on the wrong side before pulling away too embarrassed to face the attendant who had watched the whole sad affair play out.

Ooooh, now that's good! 

Anyone recognize this guy? 30” long, slender (not fat like a rattler). Got very aggressive and rattled his tail quite a bit. No rattles that I could see though. I’m thinking milk snake but I’m not convinced it wasn’t a small rattler or copperhead either.

5FBD1774-3978-4AC6-94CA-5DF777C14D34.jpeg

FE205F6C-4148-4301-8E8E-5B0F62070E80.jpeg

Can't really tell from that pick.  Could be a milk snake.  Did the splotches have a black outline? 

Looks like too dark an outline to be a copperhead.  Pretty small range for them in NY too. 

Water snakes can sometimes be colored like that and are usually very aggressive.

Head shape and the banding outline are usually the give aways.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Three failed maneuvers at a gas station calls for an immediate bail out and not returning for at least two weeks.

10 hours ago, Indabuff said:

I'd go with milk snake as well but the mottled colors are throwing me off.  That goddam screw in that sill looked like a rattle at first glance.  Either way I'm not down with ***** with any snake regardless of species.  

That's the one thing that drives me crazy down here in NC.  I know the copperheads are everywhere and I know what they look like.  But I still haven't adjusted to seeing so many snakes so I just avoid them like a post from NS.  And that's not very easy because they like to slither across the greenway trail pretty much any time you're out there walking.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shrader said:

That's the one thing that drives me crazy down here in NC.  I know the copperheads are everywhere and I know what they look like.  But I still haven't adjusted to seeing so many snakes so I just avoid them like a post from NS.  And that's not very easy because they like to slither across the greenway trail pretty much any time you're out there walking.

NS posts or are you back talking about snakes?

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, shrader said:

You know what's scarier than snakes?  Ponds.  Damn things are loaded with all sorts of biting insects.  

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

NS posts or are you back talking about snakes?

Both.

23 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

You know what's scarier than snakes?  Ponds.  Damn things are loaded with all sorts of biting insects.  

And sharks.  Don't forget about sharks.

It's funny though.  Right after I posted about the snakes earlier, I went outside to water the lawn.  There was a decent sized black snake that I scared off.  I know those ones are fine, but it makes me wonder about the well being of the duck nest that may or may not be out there.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

Both.

And sharks.  Don't forget about sharks.

It's funny though.  Right after I posted about the snakes earlier, I went outside to water the lawn.  There was a decent sized black snake that I scared off.  I know those ones are fine, but it makes me wonder about the well being of the duck nest that may or may not be out there.

I just assume if I see a snake (and it sees me) it's willing to strike.

Snakes definitely eat duck eggs but it would have to be a snake of decent size.