The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

5 hours ago, Weave said:

They are the COVID-19 of insects.  I'm sure there are disbelievers.

If reincarnation exists I hope my next stop is as Xenos vesparum.  It'll likely be a short stay but I can check "***** up generations of wasps" off my bucket list.  The fact that there are parasitic wasps sweetens the pot.  Who's the baddest parasitoid now... this fly.

9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Do not kill. All creatures great and small and all that jazz. I'm still not over running over a squirrel a few years ago. I know @New Scotland (NS) is with me. We embrace Brad Park, we do not shiv him.

@Wilbur

You are right, my friend, all creatures and I love the album Jazz, although many do not, right up the Brad Friggin' Park part.  While I will not shiv him, or any of the other dastardly ones, I will never embrace him, or any of the others, unless it is in a WWF (showing my age here) style head lock leading to a power slam.

I hear you about the squirrel too ...

@Wilbur

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

For all you Rochester folks...

Kodak stock went from $2 per share yesterday to $50 per share at it's peak so far today. They received a $725M loan from the Federal government to produce pharmaceuticals. Pretty cool for Rochester 

I'm sure there's way more behind it, crazy mergers and what not, but it's very interesting to see the old film companies going that route.  There was a similar story around here in NC earlier this week with a pharmaceutical company with "fujifilm" in their name.

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

I'm sure there's way more behind it, crazy mergers and what not, but it's very interesting to see the old film companies going that route.  There was a similar story around here in NC earlier this week with a pharmaceutical company with "fujifilm" in their name.

Agreed. I'm not so sure I trust it for that reason too. After reading more into it it seems pretty shaky.

I don't seen anything online about Fuji, what happened with them?

22 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Agreed. I'm not so sure I trust it for that reason too. After reading more into it it seems pretty shaky.

I don't seen anything online about Fuji, what happened with them?

It was a visit to a company that is supposed to be pretty far along in vaccine development.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, WildCard said:

For all you Rochester folks...

Kodak stock went from $2 per share yesterday to $50 per share at it's peak so far today. They received a $725M loan from the Federal government to produce pharmaceuticals. Pretty cool for Rochester 

Kodak had a fairly well established pharmaceutical production facility back in the day.  Guess the equipment still works?

For once the idiot politicians listened to the rioting (or as close as we NSers can get to a riot) masses ...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/nova-scotia-shooting-public-inquiry-celebration-march-halifax-1.5667415

The cowards said they were just going to do a small review of what happened.  They had no clue.  This was the worst mass shooting in the history of Canada ... modern and pre-historic Canada.  The RCMP and the Province really ***** up the handling of the event.  Now, hopefully, we can really see what went wrong and learn from it.

5 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Yup. It's been so nice to not have to make payments during the pandemic. I'm not looking forward to that coming to an end.

I took the opposite approach, knocked off 6k on them since COVID started. Figure now is a good time to do it with no interest on the payments 

15 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I don't make enough extra money to even think about doing that lol

Yeah.  Charlie must have an extra job, or 2, eh!!

15 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I don't make enough extra money to even think about doing that lol

Yeah.  Charlie must have an extra job, or 2, eh!!