The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I gave up two lines above paydirt. Attention span of a gnat.

You should see the rest of the box. It’s full of stuff like that.  It yeah, I did the same thing as you. I was pointing out every single typo to the wife as I read it. I got to “adequs”, showed that to her, then took the box back and finished reading. I then just about fell out of my chair laughing. 

I ventured into town today to get a cheeseburger off a food cart in our town square dedicated to veterans. The cheeseburger chatter yesterday planted a seedburger. I told the proprietor how good that area of town is looking after last year's streetscape and this spring's cleanup. "Yeah, the protesters walked right through here. I kept an eye on 'em to make sure they didn't mess with the monuments," he said. Hoo boy, here we go. "It was peaceful though," I said. "Very," he replied. "I even thanked them for what they're doing." He talked about the "poor guy" who was "murdered" and expressed outrage at the rioters and looters, noting that a just cause was being hijacked.

I was a little surprised. And proud. My town is woke!

Buoyant and not wanting to press the topic, I told him how much I've missed his food.

"Yeah me too. This ***** fake virus."

Cue the Curb music.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5

I am wondering why a mod with a long history of moving political themed posts to the politics club threads has the balls to post an obviously political themed post in the complaint thursday thread and no one calls him out on it?  @JujuFish kind of did, but not really.

Well, @nfreeman, consider yourself called out, sir.  What you called COVID is clearly political and is not surprising considering your political leanings.  How do you expect us to follow the rules concerning political content when you don't?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I am wondering why a mod with a long history of moving political themed posts to the politics club threads has the balls to post an obviously political themed post in the complaint thursday thread and no one calls him out on it?  @JujuFish kind of did, but not really.

Well, @nfreeman, consider yourself called out, sir.  What you called COVID is clearly political and is not surprising considering your political leanings.  How do you expect us to follow the rules concerning political content when you don't?

NS bringing the heat.

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

If it is Right, it be right. If it is Left, it be political.

Edited by drnkirishone
Capitization
  • Thanks (+1) 2

I'm getting 28-ish MPG in "city" driving in my 11-year old Vibe with almost 160,000 miles on it. I'm pleased as punch. Original specs are "up to 26 MPG." Although it's a Pontiac, the Vibe is really a Toyota Matrix. Must be a pretty good engine.

Also — the attendant "topped off" my tank to get to an even dollar amount. I forgot to tell him not to. I just read there's no point in topping off because the excess gas goes back into the station's tank. True or fake news?

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm getting 28-ish MPG in "city" driving in my 11-year old Vibe with almost 160,000 miles on it. I'm pleased as punch. Original specs are "up to 26 MPG." Although it's a Pontiac, the Vibe is really a Toyota Matrix. Must be a pretty good engine.

Also — the attendant "topped off" my tank to get to an even dollar amount. I forgot to tell him not to. I just read there's no point in topping off because the excess gas goes back into the station's tank. True or fake news?

I'm currently getting 3 months to the gallon on my '16 CX-5. And no, don't top off. Ever! When it clicks, you're done. It's full.

14 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I have the same car with similar specs. I’ve had it for 12 years. Most reliable car I’ve ever owned.

Outside normal maintenance like brakes, the thing has never been in the shop.

24 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Vibe is a stupid name for a car.

That's all ...

You've obviously never driven one with the windows down, one hand wrapped around the top of the steering wheel, watching the heads turn. Amirite, dudacek?

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

You've obviously never driven one with the windows down, one hand wrapped around the top of the steering wheel, watching the heads turn. Amirite, dudacek?

We’re a special class.

The amount of attention I get from the Myrtles and Berthas of Vancouver Island is a little overwhelming at times.

6 hours ago, darksabre said:

NS has The Legend. That'll turn heads. 

Just like I said, upthread.  If my COVID inspired locks that would rival  @Wyldnwoody44 locks don't turn the hotties heads then the Legend surely will.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
if things ever settle down and we sell a damn house ... I am first in line for another Legend ... 1994 ... it's real and it's spectacular ..........
  • Like (+1) 1