Bucky doesn't understand the fans booing Vesey

GASabresIUFAN

http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/01/bucky-gleason-sabres-fans-give-vesey-chilly-reception/

Let's see.... Hey Bucky how did you feel when a young lady (many?) rejected you for a date?  It's really that simple.  The fans sincerely hoped he'd sign here and with the Eichel connection and an improving team that just convinced Okposo to join the team, we all thought we had a legit shot of getting the talented winger.  However just like Babcock and even Stamkos, we were again a bridesmaid and that is frustrating.

The booing doesn't mean the fans don't respect his decision or his right to make the decision, but they have every right to show their displeasure at the decision.  

This

Yeh really not like its hypocritical campaign politics, fans dont have to care. He didnt chose Sabres, he is the enemy.... boo him and boo him more. Plus they guy dragged it out and couldve handled better but had to turn it into an I luv me Lebron James affair... so yeh boo him its fun and cathartic.

Yes. In this particular case however, the fury from Nashville will dwarf Buffalo.

It should. I was expecting a lot more fire but I guess Chet and Muffy can only be bothered to look away so long from their shrimp cocktail and caviar for so long.

Edited by inkman

The only thing Vesey did wrong was act like a little bitch throughout the entire process.

The fact that BUF gave up a third to try and court him and yet he choose somewhere else even after a Pegula presentation was a choice he made, and it's why fans in Buffalo should boo the out of him every time he touches the puck.   It's fun and we have an excuse to do it.

I said it months ago, this is a similar thing that happened to Justin Schultz in ANA over 4 years ago and the Honda Center still erupts with boos every time he touches the puck in that building.

I said it months ago, this is a similar thing that happened to Justin Schultz in ANA over 4 years ago and the Honda Center still erupts with boos every time he touches the puck in that building.

Over the years, there have been several players that elicited a chorus of BOO's from the Buffalo faithful whenever they touched the puck.

Whodat?

Wasn't Ovechkin one for a long time? (Is he still?)

I can't recall anyone with any certainty, but I know it's been a thing in the past.

I do think fans have the right to boo but for me t was over pretty much as soon as he said he was going to FA which he had every right to do. Let's face it the Rangers made sense in a lot of ways. So I'm quite detached from it as a fan.

Over the years, there have been several players that elicited a chorus of BOO's from the Buffalo faithful whenever they touched the puck.

Whodat?

I can't recall anyone with any certainty, but I know it's been a thing in the past.

Chara, Lucic

Whodat?

Dale Hunter - I was there when he knocked out Mike Ramsey's teeth, brutal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.