GDT: NY Rangers at Buffalo, 7:00 PM ET 12/1/2016

Doohickie

- Speaking of Gionta -- that was a professional finish he applied on his goal (his fifth of the season -- good pace for an older gentleman).

- I think Kane hit the crossbar on the streak to the net (Iwhich was really GD fast, btw) right before the GWG.

Gionta's goal: Folingo came flying in there to make that play happen. That's the kind of play he needs to make a lot.

Eichel's GWG: watching Kane, my thought was "wow, he was shot out of cannon chasing down that puck". Another goal coming off speed and hustle. If Kane had scored, I can't believe RJ wouldn't have used the cannon line, he was flying.

Edited by MattPie

That is an incredible photo. How did the arena come to that?

Do you mean the two empty seats or the bunch of Rags fans?  If it's the latter, remember that a lot of New Yorkers live here.  And there are Rags fans in Southern Ontario, too, just like there are fans of every other team there.

The bulk of his oopses occurred in the 3rd. How much later than them did you see his game improve?

Overall, he played well. But he had issues when the Rags got quicker guys against him. Maybe he'll continue to improve, but right now he's still scary vs quick forecheckers in his own end. He's been fine against the rush so far.

As mentioned in another thread, looking forward to watching him again on Saturday to see if he does keep his feet moving as much as it seemed against the Wings.

Right now, & it's a very small sample set definitely, he seems to be fine against the rush but can have issues reacting quickly enough when action is coming quick in the tighter spaces. Perhaps (hopefully) he'll get it, but until he shows he can consistently, this jury is out. And again, would rather see him at 6 than Franson at present, but have no/little confidence in him if he has to do emergency top 4 duty.

Not commenting on his oopses if that is what your talking about, remembered him racing back and out skating a speedy forward down the wing and shutting off a scoring chance and just was impressed by his speed. Woopses obviously he needs to work on but the kid has wheels sorely needed on this D.

I expected that Eichel's return would have a positive impact on the team, but this much of an impact?   Amazing and awesome.  

Is it Jack alone, or did Bylsma indeed have the team sandbagging, as he implied in that WGR550 show?   

Yes.   Sure it's one guy, but when that one guy is a superstar center, it changes everything.      Consider how much better he is than Larsson and Grant...  there's no dropoff when O'Reilly's line comes off the ice, hell I'd argue the pace picks up even more with Eichel's line.     The team feeds off that.    And now guys like Larsson, Foligno, etc.. can simply playing their expected roles on this team instead of feeling like they need to contribute offensively every shift.     Everybody can settle into what they do best and it's showing.  

That said, when the is Kulikov coming back?   I still think there's another level this team can play at when he comes back.. and Bogo to a lesser degree.

Yes.   Sure it's one guy, but when that one guy is a superstar center, it changes everything.      Consider how much better he is than Larsson and Grant...  there's no dropoff when O'Reilly's line comes off the ice, hell I'd argue the pace picks up even more with Eichel's line.     The team feeds off that.    And now guys like Larsson, Foligno, etc.. can simply playing their expected roles on this team instead of feeling like they need to contribute offensively every shift.     Everybody can settle into what they do best and it's showing.  

That said, when the ###### is Kulikov coming back?   I still think there's another level this team can play at when he comes back.. and Bogo to a lesser degree.

GMTM said he is day to day and his next step would be skating with the team at a morning skate, then a practice. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.