Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

I mean, it could be any of those. 

Either way, nothing having happened yet really isn't evidence of anything. 

Exactly, all I know is it better be #3 because this team needs a new coach like the US needs a new... Secretary of Education. Figured I wouldn't rock the boat too much ;) 

Pegula? Who cares about Pegula? I have no doubt that if GMTM was in a hurry to unload Bylsma that he'd have done it. I suspect he's not in a hurry and sees no reason why he shouldn't chat with Terry about it first. What's the rush?

I don't share this opinion. To me, if Byslma isn't fired, it's Pegula behind it

I can't wait until we don't fire Bylsma so I can leave the board and quit watching the team for awhile so Swamp, GA, and pi have a little less stress in their day, one less dumbo anti-dan schmuck to deal with.

Be a Bruins fan. Together, with me as a Leafs fan, at least the Flyers win the Cup instead

I can't wait until we don't fire Bylsma so I can leave the board and quit watching the team for awhile so Swamp, GA, and pi have a little less stress in their day, one less dumbo anti-dan schmuck to deal with.

You better not.

Look. We all didn't move to Canada when Trump got elected. We can certainly survive Disco together.

The more I think about it the less I hate the idea of Sutter. 

His teams make the playoffs unless they're playing Setoguchi, Gaborik, and Brown in their top 6 at the same time, which has little to do with Sutter and more to do with the cap/roster situation. He's missed 3 times in the last 14 years of coaching. 

Our young players clearly need a guy who can control the room like Sutter can. He managed a lot of...sketchy personalities through two cup victories. He is tough. I think Jack, Sam, Evander etc. need tough and structure.

His style of play - LA had a very good group of centers which was tasked with and capable of making decisions. They had 2-3 defensemen that were effective puck movers and 3-4 stay-at-home guys and made it work, pushing the play through those puck movers. The structure of their transition is actually drool-worthy compared to what we see now. The LA style we think of comes more from decisions once in the O-zone than from the way they get there. They dumped at the line because their wingers were fast but had support of Kopitar wanted to make the pass. I'm confident that implementing that structure would allow us to enter the zone effectively with possession, ROR/EIchel/Reinhart just making different decisions. 

http://hockeyviz.com/team/L.A/1213this site lets you scroll through different seasons, take a look at the heat maps. They generate loads of shots relative to the rest of the league, but they always seem to prefer the point shot. This makes sense. When in the zone those teams would cycle and pass up trying to get into high danger areas, preferring to use the boards to get the puck to the point, and then bang in some rebounds. This isn't exactly what I want us doing in the o-zone but our players are smart and have offensive instincts (I'm talking 23, 15, 90, 21 here - let Larry and Zemgus do the point stuff, but those four on 3 lines with kids like Baptiste/Carrier can break that mold, and have shown that ability even in a system where they don't get as much zone time to try haha) 

The only concerns I'd have are the shelf-life of Sutter and what he has the team do in the o-zone, but again that might have been a function of LA's build at the time - no team could beat their cycle. We obviously aren't built like that and I think he'd see it. 

He checks the box of addressing those 'character concerns' while showing that he has the ability to build the transition scheme that we are willing to kill for here.

To be honest, a short vacation now and again from here isn't a terrible thing.

The more I think about it the less I hate the idea of Sutter. 

His teams make the playoffs unless they're playing Setoguchi, Gaborik, and Brown in their top 6 at the same time, which has little to do with Sutter and more to do with the cap/roster situation. He's missed 3 times in the last 14 years of coaching. 

Our young players clearly need a guy who can control the room like Sutter can. He managed a lot of...sketchy personalities through two cup victories. He is tough. I think Jack, Sam, Evander etc. need tough and structure.

His style of play - LA had a very good group of centers which was tasked with and capable of making decisions. They had 2-3 defensemen that were effective puck movers and 3-4 stay-at-home guys and made it work, pushing the play through those puck movers. The structure of their transition is actually drool-worthy compared to what we see now. The LA style we think of comes more from decisions once in the O-zone than from the way they get there. They dumped at the line because their wingers were fast but had support of Kopitar wanted to make the pass. I'm confident that implementing that structure would allow us to enter the zone effectively with possession, ROR/EIchel/Reinhart just making different decisions. 

http://hockeyviz.com/team/L.A/1213this site lets you scroll through different seasons, take a look at the heat maps. They generate loads of shots relative to the rest of the league, but they always seem to prefer the point shot. This makes sense. When in the zone those teams would cycle and pass up trying to get into high danger areas, preferring to use the boards to get the puck to the point, and then bang in some rebounds. This isn't exactly what I want us doing in the o-zone but our players are smart and have offensive instincts (I'm talking 23, 15, 90, 21 here - let Larry and Zemgus do the point stuff, but those four on 3 lines with kids like Baptiste/Carrier can break that mold, and have shown that ability even in a system where they don't get as much zone time to try haha) 

The only concerns I'd have are the shelf-life of Sutter and what he has the team do in the o-zone, but again that might have been a function of LA's build at the time - no team could beat their cycle. We obviously aren't built like that and I think he'd see it. 

He checks the box of addressing those 'character concerns' while showing that he has the ability to build the transition scheme that we are willing to kill for here.

I fully believe Sutter would bring winning hockey with him. I also fully believe I'd hate most moments of it--I despised watching the Kings in their prime. I respected how good they were, and I'm sure if it was my team I'd learn to stomach it for wins, but maaaaaaaan I want to be greedy and have a team that is both good and fun. 

Last season, without Matthews, Marner, Nylander, or Zaitsev, with Leo Komarov as the team's All-Star representative, with JVR missing half the season and Bozak missing nearly 30 games, with the leading scorer having scored 45 points, and....I mean, I could go on, but I won't...the Toronto Maple Leafs had a score-adjusted CF% of 50.23, good for 15th in the league. Don't sit there and tell me that team could play possession hockey, but the 2016-17 Buffalo Sabres, injuries and blue line included, had absolutely no choice but to play possessionless (4th worst in the league SA-CF% of 46.9) garbage hockey. Get the hell out.

How many Murray critics felt a twinge of hope reading this that everybody could be gone?

Personally I don't feel there is a need to fire Murray.    The only thing I can fault him is taking on Bogo and his contract.

Well Moulson's 5 year deal could have been a year shorter :p