Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

Don't mess with my syphilitic mind.

What about your psychedelic sphincter, though.

Any of you anti-Bylsmites getting nervous yet?  

If he was gonna get shitcanned, it would've already happened... don't ya think?

I am sure they are, but will never admit to it.  They are just huddled in their Bogo Bunker with their security blankets.

Nah. We haven't even heard about whether or not GMTM met with Pegula yet. And I suspect Murray isn't to worried about his list of replacements yet.

I admit that I'm nervous and yes I believe he now has til either Christmas vacation or All Star break.

I admit that I'm nervous and yes I believe he now has til either Christmas vacation or All Star break, unless they're in a playoff spot and playing well.

fixed

Nah. We haven't even heard about whether or not GMTM met with Pegula yet. And I suspect Murray isn't to worried about his list of replacements yet.

Pegula is not firing Bylsma... unless Murray absolutely convinces him otherwise.   

Ive already resigned, but haven't you listened to murray's conference? Those discussions are all happening this week with Pegula...

I did listen to it... didn't get the impression he was firing Bylsma unless he himself was fired... and then the writings on the wall at that point.

fixed

Pegula is not firing Bylsma... unless Murray absolutely convinces him otherwise.

I did listen to it... didn't get the impression he was firing Bylsma unless he himself was fired... and then the writings on the wall at that point.

Pegula? Who cares about Pegula? I have no doubt that if GMTM was in a hurry to unload Bylsma that he'd have done it. I suspect he's not in a hurry and sees no reason why he shouldn't chat with Terry about it first. What's the rush?

Pegula? Who cares about Pegula? I have no doubt that if GMTM was in a hurry to unload Bylsma that he'd have done it. I suspect he's not in a hurry and sees no reason why he shouldn't chat with Terry about it first. What's the rush?

Even just a "Hey T-Pegs I know you said I run the show here but jsyk you have to pay Dan $10 million to not coach for us, ok?"

Why would he wait to can him?   He would've been gone the day after the season ended if he was going to get fired.     

If my GM needs to have a talk with the owner before firing the coach, then I'm not sure he's man enough for the job.    And how long would that conversation really last... it only takes a 5-min conversation to tell him you want to relieve Bylsma of his duties and go another direction.    If the owner disagrees, then too bad... he hired you to be GM, he should let you do your job.

That said, I'm firmly confident Murray has the authority to fire Bylsma on his own and would've done so after the season ended if that was the direction he wants to take.   Ultimately, TM will be judged on the team's record over his tenure... and he should have authority to manipulate the players/coaches however, whenever he wants to get that done.

Why would he wait to can him?   He would've been gone the day after the season ended if he was going to get fired.     

If my GM needs to have a talk with the owner before firing the coach, then I'm not sure he's man enough for the job.    And how long would that conversation really last... it only takes a 5-min conversation to tell him you want to relieve Bylsma of his duties and go another direction.    If the owner disagrees, then too ###### bad... he hired you to be GM, he should let you do your job.

That said, I'm firmly confident Murray has the authority to fire Bylsma on his own and would've done so after the season ended if that was the direction he wants to take.   Ultimately, TM will be judged on the team's record over his tenure... and he should have authority to manipulate the players/coaches however, whenever he wants to get that done.

Since you feel so strongly, you'll eat the crow if Dan gets fired this week right? 

Why would he wait to can him? He would've been gone the day after the season ended if he was going to get fired.

If my GM needs to have a talk with the owner before firing the coach, then I'm not sure he's man enough for the job. And how long would that conversation really last... it only takes a 5-min conversation to tell him you want to relieve Bylsma of his duties and go another direction. If the owner disagrees, then too ###### bad... he hired you to be GM, he should let you do your job.

That said, I'm firmly confident Murray has the authority to fire Bylsma on his own and would've done so after the season ended if that was the direction he wants to take. Ultimately, TM will be judged on the team's record over his tenure... and he should have authority to manipulate the players/coaches however, whenever he wants to get that done.

Your perception of this entire thing is tragically flawed and nothing anyone tells you is going to fix that. Later.

Since you feel so strongly, you'll eat the crow if Dan gets fired this week right? 

He's not getting fired this week.   If he does, I'll change my avatar to Auston Matthews ;)

Your perception of this entire thing is tragically flawed and nothing anyone tells you is going to fix that. Later.

Is it really tragically flawed? Or is it so possible that you just blew your mind and your head is spinning like a top?

If my GM needs to have a talk with the owner before firing the coach, then I'm not sure he's man enough for the job.    And how long would that conversation really last... it only takes a 5-min conversation to tell him you want to relieve Bylsma of his duties and go another direction.    If the owner disagrees, then too ###### bad... he hired you to be GM, he should let you do your job.

It's also possible Terry said hold on, fella, let's talk in Florida, which, if true, would be a hint that Terry is being advised by some other hockey people on a new direction for the whole operation, given the abomination that is happening in Toronto, a stick in the eye that has to rankle the masterfracker to his core. Which would explain Murray's cryptic (and sphinctery) "If I'm back." Ladies and gentleman, president of hockey operations Lindy Ruff.

It's also possible Terry said hold on, fella, let's talk in Florida, which, if true, would be a hint that Terry is being advised by some other hockey people on a new direction for the whole operation, given the abomination that is happening in Toronto, a stick in the eye that has to rankle the masterfracker to his core. Which would explain Murray's cryptic (and sphinctery) "If I'm back." Ladies and gentleman, president of hockey operations Lindy Ruff.

I mean, it's very possible that at some point Terry wanted DB fired and GMTM went to bat for him. Now he's had a change of heart, wants to fire Dan, and Terry wants to have a little talk about it to make sure they're on the same page first. If I were Terry I might want to have an exit interview with my GM after my GM has exit interviews with everyone else, right? That's only fair to the owner of the team. 

I have three ideas as to what is happening.

1) Tim Murray like Dan Bylsma as coach enough to keep him into next season. Injuries, player attitudes, and a disconnect btw players and coaches is all to blame and can be fixed.

2) Tim Murray sorta wants to fire Bylsma but because he was a moron and gave him a 5yr deal he has to talk to Pegula first and see where Pegula is at. Pegula will probably want Tim to wait out the next year to see if Bylsma can turn it around and Murray agrees to give it a shot with a better roster. 

3) Tim Murray has seen enough and wants to fire Bylsma. The problem is the coaches that he would replace him with are on playoff teams and he can't talk to them during a season. Since Bylsma has nothing to do with scouting or the draft, Murray is content to wait and talk to his preferred coaching options after the Stanley Cup is awarded. 

Personally right now, I think it is option 1. It makes me wanna barf. 

I have three ideas as to what is happening.

1) Tim Murray like Dan Bylsma as coach enough to keep him into next season. Injuries, player attitudes, and a disconnect btw players and coaches is all to blame and can be fixed.

2) Tim Murray sorta wants to fire Bylsma but because he was a moron and gave him a 5yr deal he has to talk to Pegula first and see where Pegula is at. Pegula will probably want Tim to wait out the next year to see if Bylsma can turn it around and Murray agrees to give it a shot with a better roster. 

3) Tim Murray has seen enough and wants to fire Bylsma. The problem is the coaches that he would replace him with are on playoff teams and he can't talk to them during a season. Since Bylsma has nothing to do with scouting or the draft, Murray is content to wait and talk to his preferred coaching options after the Stanley Cup is awarded. 

Personally right now, I think it is option 1. It makes me wanna barf. 

I mean, it could be any of those. 

Either way, nothing having happened yet really isn't evidence of anything.