Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

Whoever that coach is is drawing up a play during the timeout. Bylsma comes over, says something about it, and shakes his head in disagreement to the plan. It's supposed to show that even the coaches aren't on the same page.

But, but, Bylsma is dreamy. There's no dissention among the ranks.

If he's back next year, anybody wants any of my tix except the opener & the last game (& any MODO comes over for) & they are yours for what I pay (likely $50/ seat). Want nothing to do w/ this debacle. Never been this disheartened w/ the Sabres before.

Whoever that coach is is drawing up a play during the timeout. Bylsma comes over, says something about it, and shakes his head in disagreement to the plan. It's supposed to show that even the coaches aren't on the same page.

That whoever coach is Bob Woods.  He's the one guy I hope sticks around when the coaching change happens (doubtful).  I give him much of the credit for our #1 Powerplay.

But, but, Bylsma is dreamy. There's no dissention among the ranks.

If he's back next year, anybody wants any of my tix except the opener & the last game (& any MODO comes over for) & they are yours for what I pay (likely $50/ seat). Want nothing to do w/ this debacle. Never been this disheartened w/ the Sabres before.

First time in many years I have not gone to a home Sabres game. The only *protest* I have to this team's coach is not to go to a game. 

If it where for any other reason that you where selling your tickets I would PM you at some point next year. But, if Dan is still the coach my boycott will continue.

I'm still making a game this year. In Tampa.

1/17/17, 9 AM:

Well, statistics show that goalies lose a huge chunk of their save percentage when they start the second night of a back to back as well as the first - but I have a good feeling about Robin tonight, so we'll throw him out there and see what happens.

1030 PM: Welp - I had to pull Robin less than halfway through the game after allowing a pitiful goal from the half wall. 3 quick GA and our lead was evaporated.

2/12/17, 8 AM: 

You know what? Robin had a damn good game last night. What the hell, I'll throw him out there again. The Canucks suck anyway, right?

10:00PM: Eeeeeeek. He gave up 4 goals in a loss to a terrible team. Had temper tantrum in lockerroom after. Bad move, I'll own it. 

2/19/17, one week later, 8AM:

I know I said that this was a bad idea, but I just can't shake the feeling that I should start Robin tonight. He had a great, if busy, game yesterday after all. My name Dan Bylsma, and I can turn on all the faucets in my house. 

11PM: Yikes, this time he gave up FIVE. Not a great way to start the vacation. Oh well, GMTM is probably already on a beach somewhere, maybe he didn't see.

3/21/17, 9 AM: 
I'm doing it. I'm starting Lehner. He has to pull one of these out one of these times, right?

9:30 PM: Well, he gave up 3 this time, but we lost. I know that I keep making the wrong choice and I can even tell you why it's wrong statistically. But I'm still going to do it. Just like how on the radio in early April I noted that I need to cut back on some of Risto's ice time, just like I said last August, and yet I will continue to give him 27+ minutes per game like I have all season. 

4/3/17, 9AM:

Lehner played last night. I don't care. ###### Jack Eichel.

10PM: I had to pull him after 3 goals before the first period was over. I'm starting to wonder if I should change my approach. 

am-i-so-bbvl8y.jpg

Edited by Randall Flagg

1/17/17, 9 AM:

Well, statistics show that goalies lose a huge chunk of their save percentage when they start the second night of a back to back as well as the first - but I have a good feeling about Robin tonight, so we'll throw him out there and see what happens.

1030 PM: Welp - I had to pull Robin less than halfway through the game after allowing a pitiful goal from the half wall. 3 quick GA and our lead was evaporated.

2/12/17, 8 AM: 

You know what? Robin had a damn good game last night. What the hell, I'll throw him out there again. The Canucks suck anyway, right?10:00PM: Eeeeeeek. He gave up 4 goals in a loss to a terrible team. Had temper tantrum in lockerroom after. Bad move, I'll own it. 

I know I said that this was a bad idea, but I just can't shake the feeling that I should start Robin tonight. He had a great, if busy, game yesterday after all. My name Dan Bylsma, and I can turn on all the faucets in my house. 

11PM: Yikes, this time he gave up FIVE. Not a great way to start the vacation. Oh well, GMTM is probably already on a beach somewhere, maybe he didn't see.

3/21/17, 9 AM: 

I'm doing it. I'm starting Lehner. He has to pull one of these out one of these times, right?

9:30 PM: Well, he gave up 3 this time, but we lost. I know that I keep making the wrong choice and I can even tell you why it's wrong statistically. But I'm still going to do it. Just like how on the radio in early April I noted that I need to cut back on some of Risto's ice time, just like I said last August, and yet I will continue to give him 27+ minutes per game like I have all season. 

4/3/17, 9AM:

10PM: I had to pull him after 3 goals before the first period was over. I'm starting to wonder if I should change my approach. am-i-so-bbvl8y.jpg

:worthy:

Sorry, anti-Bylsmites, but Jerry nailed it. Something about the sins of the father franchise are the sins of the son...

http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/31/sullys-mailbag-whose-seat-hotter-bylsma-whaley/

What a surprise. A miserable person with little to offer latches on to a miserable columnist with little to offer.

Yeah keep Bylsma.

IMHO Disco and GMTM are both gone.

Right?

1/17/17, 9 AM:

2/12/17, 8 AM:

You know what? Robin had a damn good game last night. What the hell, I'll throw him out there again. The Canucks suck anyway, right?

10:00PM: Eeeeeeek. He gave up 4 goals in a loss to a terrible team. Had temper tantrum in lockerroom after. Bad move, I'll own it.

11PM: Yikes, this time he gave up FIVE. Not a great way to start the vacation. Oh well, GMTM is probably already on a beach somewhere, maybe he didn't see.

3/21/17, 9 AM:

9:30 PM: Well, he gave up 3 this time, but we lost. I know that I keep making the wrong choice and I can even tell you why it's wrong statistically. But I'm still going to do it. Just like how on the radio in early April I noted that I need to cut back on some of Risto's ice time, just like I said last August, and yet I will continue to give him 27+ minutes per game like I have all season.

4/3/17, 9AM:

10PM: I had to pull him after 3 goals before the first period was over. I'm starting to wonder if I should change my approach.

am-i-so-bbvl8y.jpg

Well done my man!

@SabresBuzz

Jack not thrilled with his own performance. Said with so many young guys in the lineup he has to be a better leader

@SabresBuzz

Eichel: "I have to look myself in the mirror. I have to be better"

@SabresBuzz

Eichel said the breakdowns on ice that led to goals has nothing to do with communication with coaches. Jack says onus is on all players

@SabresBuzz

Eichel: We are professionals. We all have to show up here at 5pm a couple hours before the game and prepare ourselves

That last one confuses me

@SabresBuzz

Jack not thrilled with his own performance. Said with so many young guys in the lineup he has to be a better leader

@SabresBuzz

@SabresBuzz

Eichel said the breakdowns on ice that led to goals has nothing to do with communication with coaches. Jack says onus is on all players

@SabresBuzz

Eichel: We are professionals. We all have to show up here at 5pm a couple hours before the game and prepare ourselves

They're all late to the game and warm ups....bench em!

@SabresBuzz

Well today they didn't show up until 8:00, so...

:P

@SabresBuzz

@SabresBuzz

@SabresBuzz

@SabresBuzz

Glad to hear him taking blame for the effort/results of both the last 2 games. Now let's see him play better next game & put this team on his back.

1/17/17, 9 AM:

2/12/17, 8 AM: 

3/21/17, 9 AM: 

4/3/17, 9AM:

10PM: I had to pull him after 3 goals before the first period was over. I'm starting to wonder if I should change my approach. 

am-i-so-bbvl8y.jpg

Nice. I honestly am starting to believe he's incapable of learning.

Never mind Dan's technical flaws, or his player usage issues.

All coaches have blind spots. All coaches make mistakes in those areas.

For three-quarters of the year the team has worked hard in spite of that.

Since the break they have checked out.

They don't believe in their leader.

That is impossible for a coach to overcome.

That is why Dan has less than two weeks left.