Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

Yeah, I know the point pace is about the same - and logically last night's game should make no difference as to whether Bylsma stays or goes -  but decisions aren't always made logically, or how we'd expect them to be made, in the Pegulas' odd management system.  

I just figure it bought him another month.  Not thinking that's a great thing - but its reality.  

Yeah, I know the point pace is about the same - and logically last night's game should make no difference as to whether Bylsma stays or goes -  but decisions aren't always made logically, or how we'd expect them to be made, in the Pegulas' odd management system.  

I just figure it bought him another month.  Not thinking that's a great thing - but its reality.  

Despite my sarcasm I really did agree with your earlier post. Last night's come from behind win has definitely bought him some breathing room. Unfortunately for us those types of games are too few and far between for it to help the organization really improve but it sure will give him more rope to hang himself with.

This may be a thread to revisit towards Jan./Feb. Next season depending on team performance.

For now I firmly believe coach Bylsma is completely safe.

I agree that he's safe, and I look forward to coming back here when we're 5-10 games below .500 and one of the worst possession teams in the league again next Jan/Feb.

"I look forward to my team sucking" wtf?

well, if you're firmly resolved in your opinion and it's apparent that the team is not going to do something to change a situation you think is doomed to fail, i guess the only thing you have left is looking forward to a time when you can say "see? i told you so!"

Edited by That Aud Smell

well, if you're firmly resolved in your opinion and it's apparent that the team is not going to do something to change a situation you think is doomed to fail, i guess the only thing you have left is looking forward to a time when you can say "see? i told you so!"

It was actually sarcasm. This team's mediocrity negatively affects my mental state in my day to day life, I don't enjoy it.

Firing Bylsma at this point in time would be a mistake.     He's a good teacher, the young guns are improving under his tutelage.   I don't think he's the long term answer, but he's what this team needs right now.    I'd give him another season, with the young guys taking another step and guys like Guhle replacing Gorges, maybe Nylander makes an impact, etc.. this team should be in the playoff mix from the get go.

You've all seen it, when this team plays with a purpose, they're very good and can compete with the top teams.     The players know it, the speak of it often.    You don't hear them say anything negative about the system they're being asked to play.     

Firing Bylsma at this point in time would be a mistake. He's a good teacher, the young guns are improving under his tutelage. I don't think he's the long term answer, but he's what this team needs right now. I'd give him another season, with the young guys taking another step and guys like Guhle replacing Gorges, maybe Nylander makes an impact, etc.. this team should be in the playoff mix from the get go.

You've all seen it, when this team plays with a purpose, they're very good and can compete with the top teams. The players know it, the speak of it often. You don't hear them say anything negative about the system they're being asked to play.

1) Just because young players are improving under him does not mean they are improving because of him. Nor does it mean they wouldn't improve more under a different coach.

2) C'mon man, no player is going to come out and rip their current coach. Further, their regular comments about playing aggressive being how they need to play could easily be construed as "our coach holds us back until we're losing by two, and he shouldn't be."

1) Just because young players are improving under him does not mean they are improving because of him. Nor does it mean they wouldn't improve more under a different coach.

2) C'mon man, no player is going to come out and rip their current coach. Further, their regular comments about playing aggressive being how they need to play could easily be construed as "our coach holds us back until we're losing by two, and he shouldn't be."

Totally agree. Plus let us not forget this team was heading into the 3rd down 4-1. Sure they pressed because they had nothing to lose. Lets see how Buffalo does in their next 2 games, especially Saturday night in Toronto. Then we'll see whose rookies have their #### together. Toronto is very fast, let us see if we can match it. Dan should go ASAP. The Sabres will not be fine, they have not been fine for almost a decade now, a decade!. I'm sure the Bills will be fine as well. That lack of hunger leads to acceptance of mediocrity. This team is capable I believe  but lets see which squad shows up vs. Anaheim, then Toronto. Under DD I expect no difference in standings nor play next year if he is coach.

*2)* is the players just seem to play *their* hockey.

I wish there was a way to track, but they brought the puck out of the zone in the third period as a unit. Short possession passes and skate to open ice. Yes, SJ was backing off and playing prevent defense. But, we entered the O zone with speed and the puck regularly. That never happens with the stretch pass/DnC system.

I know they are learning structure and a system, but when the stage coach driver drops the reigns, them horses know how to run.

Edited by Woods-Racer

Last nights game shouldn't have any influence on DB's future here. Anyone with sense knows that game was won by the players and had nothing to do with coaching. They came out flat and stayed flat until the fans got on them. They woke themselves up after that 2nd goal and got stronger from that point on. DB is as useful at tits on a bull.

Other then Scotty Bowman, can you name the coach that has won a Stanley Cup with more then one franchise?

Dick Irvin (Toronto Maple Leafs 1932, Montreal Canadians 1944,1946,1953) and Tommy Gorman (1934 Chicago Black Hawks, 1935 Montreal Maroons) :)

In the interest of full disclosure I looked it up :P

Edited by Lucky E