GDT: Devils at Sabres, 11/11/16, 7:00 pm

nfreeman

In an alarming development, it's 7:35 AM and no one has yet started the GDT.  It likely relates to the Sabres falling 3 games below DeLuca .500 and 3rd-last in the NHL in scoring, playing a perennially boring opponent tonight, them scoring 2 or fewer goals in their last 5 games, losing ROR to injury, concerns that DDB isn't the right guy and general worries in the back of everyone's mind that we're in for yet another horrible year. 

Also we had an election the other day that was kind of a big deal.

Anyway, NJ is 6-3-3, with 29 goals scored on the season (to Buffalo's 26), despite having a shiny new toy in Taylor Hall, who has 9 pts in 12 games (whom I think is and has always been overrated).

Taking a positive perspective, Kaner returned the other night, played a lot of minutes and played well.  Reino looked much improved with better wingers.  Baptiste and Carrier both are bringing good energy.  This is an opportunity to start turning things around.

Go Sabres.

I blame Russ.

The odds of successfully navigating a season without injuries are approximately...

Shut up!

I do hope that they don't rush anyone back (here's looking at you Jack, ROR). No need to miss even more time as a result. We were weathering the storm well and hanging around the middle of the standings. Hope we can scratch out 3 points in this home-and-home.

Also, really like Carrier's game. Hope he gets a goal tonight.

The Sabres aren't the only team bitten by the injury bug.  I was listening to the NHL station on SiriusXM this morning and they did a full half hour on all the players that are out or playing injured.  It's a lot.  Seemed like every team has two or three significant players that were discussed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.