GDT: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:00 PM ET, 11/05/2017

Doohickie

This ain't no party.  This ain't no disco.  This ain't no foolin' around.

There was a bit of a circus attitude around the Toronto game.  I mean, you can't get too hyped up because half the arena was going to be from Toronto.  They're just weird, those games against the Leafs.

Ottawa's a different story.  There are blood lines that have been crossed.  Our GM is from there, he's cherry picked some of the players out of their system.  He drafted some of the players on their team.  This is a case where familiarity breeds contempt.  This isn't a fun exhibition in front of fans from both cities, this is a grudge match.  There is no love lost between the Sabres and Sens.

The Sabres seem to get up for the Sens.  They take care of business.  Let's hope the do exactly that tonight in Ottawa.  The Sabres are a frustrated team, beating Toronto in all respects except the scoreboard.  The only thing that will satisfy their lust is blood a win.

I'm looking forward to a good game.  A game were the Sabres get back to the things that made them successful in their 3-game winning streak.  Look for a lot of energy, a lot of hounding, busy sticks and effective checks.

Roster note:  Justin Bailey was sent down to Rochester, and William Carrier was called up to replace him.  Look for Nick Baptiste to slide over to the right wing while Carrier makes his NHL regular season debut.

30785841825_29fa19c62f_b.jpg30484730500_60b48ca998_b.jpg

ottawa-senators-vs-buffalo-sabres1.jpeg?

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

Edited by High Ankle Sprain

Nice job again and thank you! Interesting. First I heard of Baiely dropped and Carrier brought up. By the time Bailey gets a regular spot he ought to be so pissed off he'll be a great NHL'er!

I didn't know until I went to DailyFaceOff to get the line combination pics.  Then I checked the web and sure enough, Bailey down, Carrier up.

I don't see this as a demotion for Bailey, more of a rotation to see what we've got down on the farm.  This is the way a lot of teams manage their fourth lines, especially with injuries to their regulars.

Bailey hasn't shown much and we'll see what Carrier looks like at this level.

It's tough to get a true view of these prospects with 4th line minutes but a good shift earns them another and they can build some momentum for themselves and the team.

Baptiste and Carrier will have friends and family at the game, hope they perform.

I didn't know until I went to DailyFaceOff to get the line combination pics.  Then I checked the web and sure enough, Bailey down, Carrier up.

I don't see this as a demotion for Bailey, more of a rotation to see what we've got down on the farm.  This is the way a lot of teams manage their fourth lines, especially with injuries to their regulars.

great job!

Carrier? Wow, interesting. He seems to be a forgotten "prospect"

I'm not sure what Bailey is supposed to have shown on the 4th line. I don't notice him doing terrible things. I don't like the way he's being handled.

I talked with a friend about this last night.  She--like you--said that he didn't really stick out as a problem on Thursday.

It may be that they don't want him to get to 10 games?  But DD's comments yesterday certainly said something different than that.

I talked with a friend about this last night.  She--like you--said that he didn't really stick out as a problem on Thursday.

It may be that they don't want him to get to 10 games?  But DD's comments yesterday certainly said something different than that.

He's 21, so he should accrue a year pro regardless of whether he's in Buffalo for 1, 9, 10, or 70 games.

My best guess, if the DB quote is being interpreted correctly, is that they gave him a particular task to do in a given situation & he didn't do it. Can't fathom what that was, as he looked fine in his limited ice time IMHO.

It could simply be a case of they were planning on giving him 2 games & then give Carrier a shot if Fasching wasn't ready to get back in the lineup & didn't want to admit publicly that was the plan.

I didn't know until I went to DailyFaceOff to get the line combination pics. Then I checked the web and sure enough, Bailey down, Carrier up.

I don't see this as a demotion for Bailey, more of a rotation to see what we've got down on the farm. This is the way a lot of teams manage their fourth lines, especially with injuries to their regulars.

DD says otherwise.

Good GDT, thanks

I'm excited to see Carrier play. You hafta figure sooner or later they'll bring up a guy who just goes apeshit and scores a bunch. It happens to other teams, why the heck not the Sabres!

Any game day thread that starts with some Talking Heads lyrics is going to be great.

Awesome job.

Thanks.  It didn't start out that way, but as I was typing the lyrics popped out of my mind and rose to the top.  I find that my best GDTs are the ones I don't think about too much, just go with my gut.

I would like Jake McCabe to end Chris Neil's career tonight.

Can anyone confirm that Neil has indeed been in the league since 1953? It certainly seems that way. 

Amazing staying power for a player of his ilk.

Edit - 15 seasons, all with the original team he was drafted to. That's something. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.