GDT: Montreal @ Buffalo, 7pm MSG, 10/13/2016

LGR4GM

Risto lost me with that terrible interview he gave Schopp and BD the other day.  Sounded really dumb.  Maybe its because english is his 2nd language?  They were lobbing softballs and he was dazed.  It's not that hard bud.  If you can't figure out how to do an interview how can you figure out how to be a dominant professional athlete?  Talent alone doesn't cut it.

Jagr must suck, huh? He knows less english than Risto and has spent 20 years in the NHL.

I liked McCabe, Foligno, and Larsson tonight. And some Samson. The rest of the team made me depressed. I don't want another season from hell. I can't take another one. 

This isn't just overreacting to the first game with a ton of injuries - Murray has had years to build a team the way he wants to. My interest in having him stick around is sliding infinitesimally downward as the days go by. His great interviews won't hold him up there forever. We are a slow team with no depth when depth players were available.

Edited by Randall Flagg

I'm feeling mildly critical of GMTM tonight for not pursuing more NHL depth in the offseason.

Brandon Pirri has two points for the Rangers

PA Parenteau scored for the Devils

Drouin scored for the Lightning (was certainly available for a price last deadline)

Lee Stempniak scored for the Canes

Nail Yakupov scored for the Blues

All of these players could've been had recently. Drouin is the only one that would've cost anything of note. I would've been excited to have any of them (except Yakupov, I would've just shaken my head and thought "let's see what he can do").

Jagr must suck, huh? He knows less english than Risto and has spent 20 years in the NHL.

I liked McCabe, Foligno, and Larsson tonight. And some Samson. The rest of the team made me depressed. I don't want another season from hell. I can't take another one. 

This isn't just overreacting to the first game with a ton of injuries - Murray has had years to build a team the way he wants to. My interest in having him stick around is sliding infinitesimally downward as the days go by. His great interviews won't hold him up there forever. We are a slow team with no depth when depth players were available.

Just posted something about this in the Murray extension thread. I really feel like he pulled a Regier and got happy with "his guys", foregoing depth acquisitions.

I'd throw Fasching in that group. I would like to see Samson centering Fasching and Girgs.

I'm feeling mildly critical of GMTM tonight for not pursuing more NHL depth in the offseason.

Brandon Pirri has two points for the Rangers

PA Parenteau scored for the Devils

Drouin scored for the Lightning (was certainly available for a price last deadline)

Lee Stempniak scored for the Canes

Nail Yakupov scored for the Blues

All of these players could've been had recently. Drouin is the only one that would've cost anything of note. I would've been excited to have any of them (except Yakupov, I would've just shaken my head and thought "let's see what he can do").

Not pursuing additional depth is a completely valid criticism. It was valid before the injuries, and the injuries are just proving the point.

And a goalie.

First goal hits the post and in - 1cm difference and it isn't a goal. 3/5 softie

Second goal an NHL player is alone in the slot. 2/5 softie

Third goal was a tip 2m from the net. 1/5 softie

Fourth goal was a failed cover up. 5/5 softie

Lehner was not the problem tonight. He made 4 or 5 insane saves.

He started slow last year too

Gionta generally only plays the last 40 games of the season. What i actually believe happens is, he's not a very good player anymore, but he's in good shape, and when other players start to break down and play hurt, in January and after, he stays at his same level but things look a lot better.

Was it Bylsma or Murray that said Franson looks faster this year? Whoever said it is a liar.

Gionta generally only plays the last 40 games of the season. What i actually believe happens is, he's not a very good player anymore, but he's in good shape, and when other players start to break down and play hurt, in January and after, he stays at his same level but things look a lot better.

Was it Bylsma or Murray that said Franson looks faster this year? Whoever said it is a liar.

Of course he looks faster when everyone else is a step slower.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.