Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

The worse part is for guys like Jack, Stamkos, Kane, Toews and Matthews who are about to have their endorsement deals nullified by this bankruptcy.

Toews is sitting pretty with that $10 mil per year contract though. 

He scored his first goal of the season tonight, finally, too.

He's already scored infinite intangibles though

This is both awesome and around the NHL, so I'll put it in both. Always been a huge fan and hope it's nothing serious. Not that most cancer isn't serious. He's a fellow drag racer, it's one reason I like him, and he's always been one of the most underrated goaltenders.

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/792939680702554112

Thanks for sharing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Leafs have won 2 of their first 9, and I just read two or three serious comments from Leafs fans who really want Babcock fired :lol: Please listen to them Toronto

Good take from one of our own (I believe Pipes has The Eichel Tower).

I also note that there's arguably some shade being thrown Eichel's way here. Then again, Gretzky wasn't with the Oilers last season (so didn't have same motivation to attend). And further then again, Gretzky's ability to evaluate talent sucks.

TheEichelTower Retweeted Darren Dreger

Somewhere Sidney Crosby is wondering how McDavid vs. Matthews became Gretzky vs Lemieux while he is still in the league.

TheEichelTower added,

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Gretzky says he flew to watch McDavid vs Matthews tonight. Said when he went head to head with Mario Lemieux, he was always very fired up.

11:47 AM - 1 Nov 2016
0 replies6 retweets5 likes

Retweet

More
Edited by That Aud Smell

McDavid is a -1 so far in the leafs game. He is clearly an awful player that the Oilers should cut. If this game is any indication he is on pace for like a -82 this year... oh, hey Pi, how are things?

Things are good, thanks for asking.

Who is this bum McDavid you're referring to? Never heard of him.

Why would they mention Eichel? 

They were talking about a great rivalry between two great players. It seemed so natural to mention Jack since he will be playing Matthews 4 times a year for the next decades. 

Things are good, thanks for asking.

Who is this bum McDavid you're referring to? Never heard of him.

:flirt:  :lol:

One thing I have already noticed in this game so far, Jack Eichel is much better on the backcheck than McDavid. 

When McDavid decides to shift speeds it is 0-60 in half a second, amazing skating. 

If our Nylander is as good as their Nylander... dear god this will be fun. 

So after all of the nob-gobbling by the media and Gretzky and everyone... Matthews and McDavid basically did very little in the game and were both held off the score sheet. I am amused by this. Wish Eichel was back because it would have been amazing to turn around 2 days after this game and watched Eichel just lay waste to the leafs.  

Also Matthews was held off the scoreboard for his 4th consecutive game. 

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.