Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

I keep Larsson over Ennis easily.

Fine, but it's Kulikov over both.

I'd rather keep Larry than Kulikov. Larry is becoming untouchable for me

For the way our roster is constructed I believe Kulikov is more valuable, but no matter: under no circucstance should we be choosing Larsson AND Ennis over Kulikov. So I'd still sign him and go the 4/4 route.

A part of it is a function of who we have to replace Kulikov, versus who we have to replace Ennis. Granted, neither have great replacement options at this time.

Edited by Thorny

Ya, it's not looking like a playoff year for them. That's ok though, they can use it as a developing season for their young players. I've stated before I think they may have the best young winger stable in the NHL. What are your thoughts on their centre depth? Obviously Scheifele is a stud, but I'm not seeing much after that. Originally I had reasonably high expectations of Petan, but it's been 3 years since being drafted and he's still been unable to crack the lineup on a consistent basis. He's talented, but it's just so hard for a player of his size to become a mainstay. The Gaudreau's of the world seem so rare.

Scheif at 1C is good, he isn't playing all that shite hot right now but neither is his Wheeler, his RWer...

Little is hurt right now but is, IMO, a very under-rated player. Good on D but can and has been a 1C in the league.

I think Petan should be given a chance to fill in for a hurt Little but don't expect him to succeed as a C in the NHL let alone the Central...If he makes it, playing as a LWer is probably where he will do it..........

Burmistrov shouldn't dress....

Lowry is a good 4th line C and is playing with Armia (Ehlers and Armia are our best players so far this year) and Matthias.....

Matty Perreault is a very important part for the team and can play on any of the top three lines but is better at LW than he is at C...this is the player Petan should be replacing eventually but I don't see that happening....

They just announced that Little won't be back before December so if it were me, I would call up Roslovic and give him a chance. He is playing well for the Moose and, by all accounts, is our future 2C. Call him up and play him with some offensive minded players. He's played with Tkachuk and held his own, he's played with Matthews and held his own.This is something I wouldn't expect management to do though... Armia is setting his line mates up for two to three PRIME scoring chances a game and they have him playing with pylons. Staf gets hurt and they don't move him up!!! I just totally don't understand this and makes me really question the coach's decision making.

Overall, I think our depth at C is below average with not a lot coming up through the system. We have alleviated the LHD with the play of Morrissey but C depth is a real need. I was suggesting trading for RNH or Staal from the Canes on local boards and was shot down immediately. Two VERY good two way players that are signed long term. How would that trade have looked now?

Scheif at 1C is good, he isn't playing all that shite hot right now but neither is his Wheeler, his RWer...

Little is hurt right now but is, IMO, a very under-rated player. Good on D but can and has been a 1C in the league.

I think Petan should be given a chance to fill in for a hurt Little but don't expect him to succeed as a C in the NHL let alone the Central...If he makes it, playing as a LWer is probably where he will do it..........

Burmistrov shouldn't dress....

Lowry is a good 4th line C and is playing with Armia (Ehlers and Armia are our best players so far this year) and Matthias.....

Matty Perreault is a very important part for the team and can play on any of the top three lines but is better at LW than he is at C...this is the player Petan should be replacing eventually but I don't see that happening....

They just announced that Little won't be back before December so if it were me, I would call up Roslovic and give him a chance. He is playing well for the Moose and, by all accounts, is our future 2C. Call him up and play him with some offensive minded players. He's played with Tkachuk and held his own, he's played with Matthews and held his own.This is something I wouldn't expect management to do though... Armia is setting his line mates up for two to three PRIME scoring chances a game and they have him playing with pylons. Staf gets hurt and they don't move him up!!! I just totally don't understand this and makes me really question the coach's decision making.

Overall, I think our depth at C is below average with not a lot coming up through the system. We have alleviated the LHD with the play of Morrissey but C depth is a real need. I was suggesting trading for RNH or Staal from the Canes on local boards and was shot down immediately. Two VERY good two way players that are signed long term. How would that trade have looked now?

Acquiring a guy like RNH would be huge.

As to who you listed as the best players so far this year, gotta think Laine should be listed there as well. Tied for league lead in goals. Maybe he goes without saying.

I really wanted RNH, or Hall.

Everyone looking at Risto now, you upset we didn't trade him for Hall straight up?

yes.

How long can Ducks stay over the cap?   They have to make some kind of move right?   What happens if they don't?

Acquiring a guy like RNH would be huge.

As to who you listed as the best players so far this year, gotta think Laine should be listed there as well. Tied for league lead in goals. Maybe he goes without saying.

So far in the few games they have played, Ehlers has probably been the best with Armia following. Laine was MIA for a couple of early games but would probably be third although I am one of the few Jets' fans that likes Enstrom's game.

It would benefit the team the most if Hellebuyck or Scheifele were the best players but Laine can score goals from anywhere. Puck is off of his stick in an instant and he can make plays in a phone booth. Excellent passer and strong on D for his age. Most Finns are smart on D though.

Before anyone asks which I think is better, Matthews plays 1C and will continue for years as an an elite center; therefore, he is more valuable to a team than an elite scorer.

So far in the few games they have played, Ehlers has probably been the best with Armia following. Laine was MIA for a couple of early games but would probably be third although I am one of the few Jets' fans that likes Enstrom's game.

It would benefit the team the most if Hellebuyck or Scheifele were the best players but Laine can score goals from anywhere. Puck is off of his stick in an instant and he can make plays in a phone booth. Excellent passer and strong on D for his age. Most Finns are smart on D though.

Before anyone asks which I think is better, Matthews plays 1C and will continue for years as an an elite center; therefore, he is more valuable to a team than an elite scorer.

But how do you feel about male models?

But seriously, good stuff.

Edited by Thorny

yes.

How long can Ducks stay over the cap?   They have to make some kind of move right?   What happens if they don't?

The Bieksa and Stoner contracts are really hurting the Ducks right now. A team could probably pick up a good, young, expansion exempt D man from them if they took a bad contract.

But how do you feel about male models?

huh?

Looks like ANA is barely under the cap by putting Simon Despres and Nate Thompson on LTIR saving $5.3m.

Thompson dealing with an achilles injury might miss the entire season.

Sad what's happened to Despres, he's had almost a dozen concussions in his career and he's only 25 years old.    He missed 42 games early last season due to a concussion, came back in March and suffered another concussion which he still hasn't recovered from.   It sounds like it could be a career ending situation.

The Bieksa and Stoner contracts are really hurting the Ducks right now. A team could probably pick up a good, young, expansion exempt D man from them if they took a bad contract.

huh?

Ha, just a random Zoolander reference. I can't help myself sometimes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.