Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

The truly elite goaltenders do. A standard Price season versus a league average goalie is basically the difference between a 50 goal scorer and a 20 goal scorer.

Anywho, it really was a bush league move to let Montoya get shelled that badly. Yeesh.

Yea, well, "only" 6 of the goals scored were even strength.

I agree to a point, truly elite goaltenders are difference makers. I just don't think they are the difference makers today like they used to be. 

If somebody like Price has this much of an impact (not just this game) on the success of a team, then he might be just like you said. An elite goaltender of epic proportions. Is that possible at this point in the evolution of the league? 

I agree to a point, truly elite goaltenders are difference makers. I just don't think they are the difference makers today like they used to be.

If somebody like Price has this much of an impact (not just this game) on the success of a team, then he might be just like you said. An elite goaltender of epic proportions. Is that possible at this point in the evolution of the league?

I think it is. The guy is an insane goalie. Lundqvist/Schneider/Bishop don't touch him

There is no way in hell that goaltending makes that much of an impact any more. They collapsed last year and this year they're actually not that good with Price too. Montoya lost tonight, he lost a SO and he only beat the Sabres right after BFLO lost Kane and Eichel. And Montoya is not a bad goaltender.

This team is an absolute head case. Weak minded players, weak minded coach and a tool for a GM. If Price can't play 75 games this year, this team is in for a meltdown...... and I'm going to love every second of it because the Canada media have been blowing their loads all over this team the last couple of weeks. 

Did somebody tell Foligno he's in a contract year? 

JJ on the one hand you say there is no way a goaltender has that much of an impact any more then you go on to say if Price doesn't play 75 games that team is in for a meltdown. Which is it ?

Price is Hasek like in terms of his import on his team's success.

I agree 100%

I should add that someone should slap that habs coach.

JJ on the one hand you say there is no way a goaltender has that much of an impact any more then you go on to say if Price doesn't play 75 games that team is in for a meltdown. Which is it ?

I agree 100%

I should add that someone should slap that habs coach.

I don't think a goaltender can make that much of an impact, statistically, on a team any more. At least not right now. Statistically the league has changed where we won't see a Hasek caliber goaltender dominate the way he did. 

But, it seems to me they have mental issues when they know he's not in the net. So yes, they may have another meltdown if he doesn't play 75 games, but to me it's more mental than statistical. Does that make more sense?

I think it is. The guy is an insane goalie. Lundqvist/Schneider/Bishop don't touch him

He's not what Hasek was to the rest of the league in his day. The difference between Price to Lundquist/Schneider/Bishop isn't even remotely close to Hasek and the rest of the NHL. 

Of course, that's just my opinion..... hence the analysis. ;)

Edited by JJFIVEOH

They do but they are at least doing it the correct way. They are maybe a year behind us. Strome, Crouse, Domi, Duclair, Dvorak, Dauphin, Chychrun all on the team this year. With guys like Keller, Merkley, Fischer, Perlini having the chance of being up in a couple years. It may take them a year or two to put things together but they are an interesting team to look at. 

It is interesting to me to look at their last 2 drafts and see names I wanted pop. Dauphin, Dineen, hell even Chychrun and Keller. I like what they are doing in Arizona because it confirms my only feelings haha

A little bit. I think we are lucky that Nylander slid to us. I think he was the target though. 

Keller has 5pts in 5 NCAA games for those playing at home

You think Keller was our target? I think Nylander was at the top of Murray's list for the forwards that might be available when it was our pick.

I don't think a goaltender can make that much of an impact, statistically, on a team any more. At least not right now. Statistically the league has changed where we won't see a Hasek caliber goaltender dominate the way he did.

But, it seems to me they have mental issues when they know he's not in the net. So yes, they may have another meltdown if he doesn't play 75 games, but to me it's more mental than statistical. Does that make more sense?

He's not what Hasek was to the rest of the league in his day. The difference between Price to Lundquist/Schneider/Bishop isn't even remotely close to Hasek and the rest of the NHL.

Of course, that's just my opinion..... hence the analysis. ;)

I mean, I never saw Hasek play on this team. I totally agree with your sentiment though because based on what you and every other fan I hear and videos/stat books, he was easily the best goalie to ever play. I don't think Price holds that level of domination, but I think the difference between him and the next tier is the largest a difference has been SINCE Hasek.

I mean, I never saw Hasek play on this team. I totally agree with your sentiment though because based on what you and every other fan I hear and videos/stat books, he was easily the best goalie to ever play. I don't think Price holds that level of domination, but I think the difference between him and the next tier is the largest a difference has been SINCE Hasek.

Oh you're definitely right about that. With the small possibility of Brodeur, but he always had a team and playing style that complemented his talent. Price is obviously THE team.

I'm starting to like little tie more and more. Kessler has always been all ego and he obviously beaks too much. He's long in the tooth and his influence as a player is trending downward. Cool sequence of events.

And I agree JJ. Hasek was otherworldly. Price is just best in the world at this time.  :P

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.