Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

So after all of the nob-gobbling by the media and Gretzky and everyone... Matthews and McDavid basically did very little in the game and were both held off the score sheet. I am amused by this. Wish Eichel was back because it would have been amazing to turn around 2 days after this game and watched Eichel just lay waste to the leafs.  

Also Matthews was held off the scoreboard for his 4th consecutive game. 

Did I read correctly that Matthews had 6 shots? If so, sounds like he had a strong game. 

Edited by That Aud Smell

Did I read correctly that Matthews had 6 shots? If so, sounds like he had a strong game. 

Yes he had 6 shots on goal. Toronto peppered EDM with 31 shots and EDM barraged TOR with 46shots. From what I saw of Matthews he did play a solid game. He reminded me at times of Eichel. I am excited for Thursday game, just wish Eichel was out there. 

Actually Rielly and Zaitsev really impressed me for the leafs in that game. We will need ROR, Okposo, and Moulson to handle them. 

^

Much as I hate the Leafs, I am encouraged for USA Hockey to hear about Matthews being so good right out of the gate. Even with being held off the sheet the past 4 games, Matthews is still at a PPG. Frickin' impressive.

I also took a look at the game logs for Eichel and Matthews over their first ten NHL games -- fwiw, Matthews has had 7 more shots in his first 10 NHL games than Eichel did (42/35). Anyone recall who Eichel skated with in those early games? Wasn't Kane one of his wingers? Does Matthews have better line mates than Eichel did as an initial matter?

Anyhoo. Matthews is most likely ahead of Eichel's curve -- that doesn't mean he's going to exceed him over the long haul (although he might). 

^

Much as I hate the Leafs, I am encouraged for USA Hockey to hear about Matthews being so good right out of the gate. Even with being held off the sheet the past 4 games, Matthews is still at a PPG. Frickin' impressive.

I also took a look at the game logs for Eichel and Matthews over their first ten NHL games -- fwiw, Matthews has had 7 more shots in his first 10 NHL games than Eichel did (42/35). Anyone recall who Eichel skated with in those early games? Wasn't Kane one of his wingers? Does Matthews have better line mates than Eichel did as an initial matter?

Anyhoo. Matthews is most likely ahead of Eichel's curve -- that doesn't mean he's going to exceed him over the long haul (although he might). 

Well Matthews has Nylander and Marner at times but let me look it up... 

Or he'll sign a contract and then get fat like pi says, which obviously logically follows playing professional hockey overseas to develop his game and make him NHL ready over attending a college and taking fluff classes that he never goes to anyway like pi would have preferred.

here me now, believe me later

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.