Injury Updates 2016/17 Season

CallawaySabres

So ROR is almost ready to go, Jack is a ways off, anyone know how long the rest will be out for?? 

I think the full roster injury report goes something like this:

1. O'Reilly - back any day now

2. Kulikov - back any day now

3. Eichel - middle December return

4. Bogosian - late December return

5. Ennis - early January return

6. Deslauriers - middle January return

These returns are my own estimates based on what I've been able to gather from "The Google."

I think the full roster injury report goes something like this:

1. O'Reilly - back any day now

2. Kulikov - back any day now

3. Eichel - middle December return

4. Bogosian - late December return

5. Ennis - early January return

6. Deslauriers - middle January return

These returns are my own estimates based on what I've been able to gather from "The Google."

Fasching?

We have a LOT of players injured so him coming back into the lineup is a good thing for the team right now.

Enstrom on his way to Sweden regarding a family matter...our 1LHDnow joins Myers and Armia, Little, Perreault, Connor and Matthias missing from the lineup.

That's a pair of D and a good 2nd line with 2/3 of a good third line. Don't get me wrong, all the best to Tobi and hope hope everything works out for him but the Jets are reeling right now.

Some fans were bragging how we were in 2nd in the division a week or so ago and I warned them we had played more games than anyone in the league and going on a 5 day road trip....today we are 2 points up on the last place team in the division  and have played 3 more games than them.

I haven't been able to tune in in a while, but I wanted to revisit my question about O'Reilly (all jokes aside about how I was somehow prescient about an undisclosed injury): Has he looked right to you?

I saw him play ... when ... right before Thanksgiving (Wednesday?), and he just looked -- off. Not quite right.

But I am mindful that I was operating with a heavy confirmation bias. And with ~8 ounces of whiskey floating around my system.

I haven't been able to tune in in a while, but I wanted to revisit my question about O'Reilly (all jokes aside about how I was somehow prescient about an undisclosed injury): Has he looked right to you?

I saw him play ... when ... right before Thanksgiving (Wednesday?), and he just looked -- off. Not quite right.

But I am mindful that I was operating with a heavy confirmation bias. And with ~8 ounces of whiskey floating around my system.

I thought he looked pretty good.  His ability to strip the puck and create turnovers is a thing of beauty.

I thought he looked pretty good.  His ability to strip the puck and create turnovers is a thing of beauty.

Thanks. Maybe I was watching too intently. There were a couple of times that he tried to tee himself up for one timers, and he looked a bit hobbled, awkward even.

I need to do some homework, I guess, to investigate whether I am seeing what I am prepared to see, rather than what is there to see. For example: What sort of offence is he generating at even strength over the last few weeks? That sort of thing.

Thanks. Maybe I was watching too intently. There were a couple of times that he tried to tee himself up for one timers, and he looked a bit hobbled, awkward even.

I need to do some homework, I guess, to investigate whether I am seeing what I am prepared to see, rather than what is there to see. For example: What sort of offence is he generating at even strength over the last few weeks? That sort of thing.

I'll try and watch closer tonight but it's going to be tough taking my eyes off Jack.

Here's my update to the full roster injury report:

1. Lehner (hip) - early December return

2. Kulikov (back) - early December return

3. Bogosian (knee) - middle December return

4. Deslauriers (knee) - middle December return

5. Ennis (groin) - early January return

6. Fasching (groin) - no clue...I think he's playing in Rochester now?

7. McCormick (blood clot) - nah, he ain't never coming back

These returns are my own best estimates, so feel free to correct as we learn more.

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.