Injury Updates 2016/17 Season

CallawaySabres

Baptiste is headed to the Amerks either way, as per reports. Lehner is back practicing.

So looks like we are dealing with minor injuries to Kulikov and (surprise!) Bogosian. Hopefully both are in the lineup opening day or we are in a world of hurt on the back end.

So what is wrong with Okposo?

With the lack of responses, I am assuming there is nothing to worry about here?

He took a puck off his knee so they got an MRI and no one has said it is bad. Supposedly just a bruise and they wanted to keep him out for the Carolina games because it is preseason so no reason to not play it safe.

http://tipofthetower.com/2016/10/04/buffalo-sabres-kyle-okposo-injury-update/

ROR supposedly tweaked a muscle in his lower body (leg) and so they kept him out to make sure he didn't hurt himself further.

Also ROR with a lower body injury...  severity unknown cause its a LBI

Starting to look like a MASH unit before it even begins.

No it is preseason so if a guy tweaks anything at all he sits. You don't run the risk of long term injuries in pre-season. 

So what happened to Kulikov, is he going to be ready for the opener? If not, our D is going to be brutal for the start (unless Risto signs)

Has bruised tail bone, he was checked into the boards and unsecured door opened on him and his posterior caught the corner. Occurred in the 8-1 Loss vs Toronto

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/sabres-battling-injuries-late-in-camp/c-282446824

O'Reilly, Okposo, Kulikov, Bogosian, Baptiste, Catenacci. I'd by lying if I said I wasn't frustrated by the fact that lately seemingly every preseason camp involves a fair few Sabres injuries.

Is there anything to this? I suppose it's just bad luck. Not how we want to be heading into the season though.

Originally they said Bogosian's injury was minor. In that posted article, it's now said he's "begun skating alone". Seems so similar to last year with regards to him. Seems like there's a fair chance he won't be ready to start the year.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.