Injury Updates 2016/17 Season

CallawaySabres

But Bogosian's career history shows that he misses more games per year than Myers. On top of that, he makes about $1.5-3 million less per year over the length of his contract than Bogo. I want to like him, but the dude needs to stay healthy and play like a top-2 defenseman in order to justify that contract.

Not sure where you got your cap figures from, but Bogo is actually a few hundred thousand cheaper than Myers annually. Regardless, it's too much for what he brings even without the injuries.

Nope, Nelson was with the team in Minnesota. Falk is probably the guy they'd bring from Rochester, that may be wrong though.

God help us if another defenseman gets hurt

Not even God is that powerful.

Not sure where you got your cap figures from, but Bogo is actually a few hundred thousand cheaper than Myers annually. Regardless, it's too much for what he brings even without the injuries.

Not even God is that powerful.

I just took their annual salaries from nhlnumbers.com, though I understand there is a difference between cap hits and salaries.

Hamilton just tweeted that Kane is going to try out taking contact this week, and, depending how that goes, he may be back within a week or so. Sounds optimistic to me.

GMTM was on GR and confirmed this. Kane said to Murray I can play tonight.

Eichel is on schedule in his recovery.

Guhle can be called up on an emergency recall per GMTM

I'm exceptionally interested to see how the Trouber (I think his name in a Boston accent, dunno why) situation unfolds.

If he doesn't sign by Dec 1, he can't play this season.

What does WPG need? Would they take Girgensons and Ennis for Toooba?

Hamilton just tweeted that Kane is going to try out taking contact this week, and, depending how that goes, he may be back within a week or so. Sounds optimistic to me.

That sounds very optimistic. Part of me doesn't want him back yet.

Just some fun interjection here on my personal experience with multiple broken ribs.

The act of getting on a toilet in the seated position is a painful challenge, gravity was your friend.

Getting one's self up from that position takes all of your core muscles that are directly connected to one's ribs. Very painful indeed, almost as bad as sneezing.

I could force back a sneeze.

Even if it's Dec 1st that's still 55 games with him playing: DD mentioned how much he loves Jack's Patience in terms of coming back

I don't. He should be trying to come back every week. Kane may suck, but he hates being out and does everything he can to get back quickly

And here comes 50 posts telling me 'Jack does care. You don't know him! Leave him alone!' :D

Edited by WildCard

Just some fun interjection here on my personal experience with multiple broken ribs.

The act of getting on a toilet in the seated position is a painful challenge, gravity was your friend.

Getting one's self up from that position takes all of your core muscles that are directly connected to one's ribs. Very painful indeed, almost as bad as sneezing.

I could force back a sneeze.

Sorry, I laughed because you brought back some memories, what I remember most was sleeping on your stomach was NOT an option. Drugs were my friend trying to get to sleep on my back.

Late edit: Jack does CARE!!!!!!

Edited by jsb

I'm exceptionally interested to see how the Trouber (I think his name in a Boston accent, dunno why) situation unfolds.

I am betting that Chevy does't blink first...having said that, I believe he signs before the Dec.1 deadline for two years.

I have very little faith in the Pegula medical training staff. Whatever they're doing with the Bills is a complete disaster, unfortunately the Sabres aren't immune to their mismanagement of injuries.

That said, I expect Eichel back second or third week of December with a few setbacks into early Jan where he my need to sit out a few games before ultimately being placed on season ending IR.

I have very little faith in the Pegula medical training staff. Whatever they're doing with the Bills is a complete disaster, unfortunately the Sabres aren't immune to their mismanagement of injuries.

That said, I expect Eichel back second or third week of December with a few setbacks into early Jan where he my need to sit out a few games before ultimately being placed on season ending IR.

Wow. Talk about worst case. Hopefully not pi.

You have such oddly specific predictions. Much better than reading real generic stuff that gets tweeted out by "hockey insiders" :P 

I don't. He should be trying to come back every week. Kane may suck, but he hates being out and does everything he can to get back quickly

And here comes 50 posts telling me 'Jack does care. You don't know him! Leave him alone!' :D

Coming back from high ankle sprains are most often complicated by trying to come back too soon. It's bad enough that the injury will more than likely linger the entire season and Eichel will be at less than 100% as it is. Rushing him back would be the worst thing they can do. 

The assumption is Jack cares. Why wouldn't it be? I mean other than your own impatience with his injury?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.