Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

Dee-troyit?

Lol

All these sources don't know sh.....

I'm a Sabres fan, but the only choice open to Vesey on his list where he will have a chance to be the no.1 LW, has money, and young centers is Buffalo and maybe the NYI. That is the logic, but so far in this situation logic doesn't seem to have played into it. These rumors are just bs at this point.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

also known as Veseyctomy day.

Nice!

My official pick is in. I will not go to the unauthorized Vesey thread. This guy's ego is too big to be contained in small market Buffalo. Think Original Six. Chicago, Boston or New York. Close to home but not too close. Bright lights, big city. The Rangahs.

ProHockeyRumors sums up all the chatter from "alleged" sources.

Those with an inside source within the Vesey meetings and mullings have not been shy about reporting their thoughts. Sportsnet’s Howard Berger says not to be surprised if Vesey signs with the Maple Leafs, but also warns that Buffalo is very much still in the mix. Mike Grinnel of ESPN New Hampshire confirms the theory of colleague Jimmy Murphy that the New Jersey Devils are leading the chase. DJ Bean of Boston’s WEEI hears that the Bruins excelled in their meeting with Vesey and are still considered major contenders, counter to cross-town rival Joe Haggerty of CSN New England who said that Boston is all but out. Many have become skeptical of the Penguins ability to sign Vesey, having just re-signed Matt Cullen and reportedly having reached an agreement with another college free agent, Notre Dame’s Thomas DiPauli. All is quiet on the NYC front as well, with both the Islanders and Rangers considered strong contenders, but little chatter to support either’s position. Perhaps the most accurate “insider information” out there is the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kruc’s take on Vesey and the Blackhawks, that they are just waiting for a decision from the Harvard star and that no known pecking order is in place.

My take is everyone is just throwing darts in hopes they are right.

Tomorrow is when we should start hearing what team he is leaning towards.

In other words, every city's reporter says their team is the leading candidate.  :blink:

ProHockeyRumors sums up all the chatter from "alleged" sources.

Perhaps the most accurate “insider information” out there is the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kruc’s take on Vesey and the Blackhawks, that they are just waiting for a decision from the Harvard star and that no known pecking order is in place.

I don't understand how Chicago can be in the conversation but Detroit was out because it wasn't close enough to home

I don't understand how Chicago can be in the conversation but Detroit was out because it wasn't close enough to home

Too far away to be worth it, perhaps. My fiancée and I lived in Buffalo. She was accepted to UConn for grad school, but we declined to move there because it was too far away. I post this from Columbus, OH where we moved for her to attend grad school... Equally far away, but OSU's program smokes UConn's program and we like Columbus way more than Hartford. Might be worth the distance to move to Chicago and play with 3-time cup winners. Detroit, not so much.

Too far away to be worth it, perhaps. My fiancée and I lived in Buffalo. She was accepted to UConn for grad school, but we declined to move there because it was too far away. I post this from Columbus, OH where we moved for her to attend grad school... Equally far away, but OSU's program smokes UConn's program and we like Columbus way more than Hartford. Might be worth the distance to move to Chicago and play with 3-time cup winners. Detroit, not so much.

Not buying that.. not buying that Chicago is in the running either

If he didn't want to play for Detroit then I don't think he would of used the to far away reason and then still leave Chicago in the mix..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.