Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

Ok, I'll try to say if a different way. Jimmy asks a team "do you envision me being in the top-6?" The team replies "Anything is possible, but no, we don't envision you in the top-6". Jimmy then has a choice to (a) walk away or (b) sign with the team anyway.

Based on that information, if chooses he chooses to walk away, because he said he desires to be in the top-6, then it was imperative that he be viewed as a top 6 player. It was a requirement. Since Jimmy is the only one making the decision here and he had to be viewed as a top-6 player to make this decision, you can say it was a demand that had to be met.

In effect, any little whim he desires can be thought of as a demand because if he doesn't get it, he won't sign.

Exactly. It's the same discussion we had about Stamkos and playing center

Random thoughts:

1. This thread is going to easily reach 2,000 posts.

2. Rick Azar should narrate the occasion.

3. August 15th will forever be known as VC Day in Buffalo, and a selfie of WildCard kissing Chz at Canalside will become iconic.

Hey there sailor.

Nurse. Look at the photo. The sailor is kissing a nurse. Kids these days. ;)

I know the photo, it's arguably the most famous picture of the 20th century :lol:

The character my avatar is based on is in love with a waitress on the show. Crummy joke, I know

I could understand Nashville.

Any antipathy Buffalo fans would have would be about as rational as them booing Chad Johnson.

I think booing is a little over the top but I think he's handled the Buffalo trade of his rights incorrectly.  That interview with the Boston reporter is evidence of it.  What the hell would be so wrong if he said the following:

1)  It's an honor that they traded a draft pick just to have the ability to speak with me.

2)  I respect that they have that right and I will of course talk with them.

3)  I really appreciate the Sabres spending the resources to fly out to meet me and I'm very impressed with their organization.

4)  I don't know that it's necessary but if they want to talk again before August 15th I would be happy to do that.

5)  I'm not disclosing who's on my list although I'm sure some of you could guess one because of where I was born - but it would be disrespectful to Buffalo before August 15th.

Instead he said he learned a lot about how to handle August 15th with other teams and they agreed to leave me alone now.  There's something about this kid I don't like and I promise it has nothing to do with him not signing with us now or if he ever does.  I just basically think he's disrespectful and possibly a punk.

I think it's 100% fair for Sabres fans to boo him if he signs elsewhere. Why? Because it's sports and the entertainment value is in the eye of the entertained. If fans WANT to harmlessly boo somebody because he spurned them they should. It's fun.

Holding grudges can be exhausting, sure, so limiting it to the light booing and heckling a typical disliked player gets is fine. I'm fine with fans doing anything that doesn't intentionally harm others.

I think booing is a little over the top but I think he's handled the Buffalo trade of his rights incorrectly. That interview with the Boston reporter is evidence of it. What the hell would be so wrong if he said the following:

1) It's an honor that they traded a draft pick just to have the ability to speak with me.

2) I respect that they have that right and I will of course talk with them.

3) I really appreciate the Sabres spending the resources to fly out to meet me and I'm very impressed with their organization.

4) I don't know that it's necessary but if they want to talk again before August 15th I would be happy to do that.

5) I'm not disclosing who's on my list although I'm sure some of you could guess one because of where I was born - but it would be disrespectful to Buffalo before August 15th.

Instead he said he learned a lot about how to handle August 15th with other teams and they agreed to leave me alone now. There's something about this kid I don't like and I promise it has nothing to do with him not signing with us now or if he ever does. I just basically think he's disrespectful and possibly a punk.

I think this is where all the angst is coming from. His media and PR during both the Nashville and Buffalo sagas have been poor. Rather than pay lip service and keep his public image up he has soured his perception with these fan bases.

He very well be a good kid and player, but it's tough to root for him when every comment seems to rub you the wrong way

I think this is where all the angst is coming from. His media and PR during both the Nashville and Buffalo sagas have been poor. Rather than pay lip service and keep his public image up he has soured his perception with these fan bases.

He very well be a good kid and player, but it's tough to root for him when every comment seems to rub you the wrong way

If any post should close this thread, this is it. Perfectly said. I've been struggling to say something like this.

Mods?

Hello? Hello?

If any post should close this thread, this is it. Perfectly said. I've been struggling to say something like this.

Mods?

Hello? Hello?

PA is just trying to butter me up to stick around. Don't mind him. :nana:

Close the thread because someone finally articulated what you'd really been wanting to say?

K.

Strikes me the thread should stay open until, you know, mid-August. At least.

Say August 16th or so?

It's definitely where it's coming from and he owns it.  Hockey for me is one of the last sports where the athletes still have the decorum that the fans respect.  They typically are loyal to each other, the city and team they play for,  they play injured unlike any other pro athlete IMO and they respect hockey and it's history. 

It's more than lip service it's an overall lack of respect that rubs me wrong.  I'm not whining or at least I'm not trying to come off that way - but officially saying Boston and Chicago are on his list when Buffalo owns his rights to me is out of order.  Then his agent says "Chicago is on the list but that shouldn't read that their ahead of anyone else".  Who the hell do these people think they are. 

If I'm Chicago - I'm furious too.  I think they deserve a bit more respect for where they've been and are to be hearing he'll string them along too if he wants to.

My issue with Vesey is he's talked about all these teams instead of keeping his mouth shut like he should have.

"So jimmy what do you think of the Bruins"

"Well Buffalo owns my rights til august so I can't really comment on them at this time"

Instead he waxes poetic about every team that sniffs his butt. Idc if he doesn't sign here, that's fine but he's like the pretty girl in high school who flirts with everyone.

Where ever he ends up, he's going to have a huge target on his back, both in training camp and during the season. He better be good, very very good, or he's going to look even more like a giant douche than he does now.

I would expect Buffalo fans to boo him if he doesn't sign here, it might be his choice where he wants to sign but that doesn't mean fans have to be happy with his choice.

And if I were Buffalo,I would be asking the league for review of any tampering that may be going on because there shouldn't be any talking coming from him and/or his agent speaking about other teams unless it's 'I can't comment about Chicago/Boston/Toronto/etc at this time that Buffalo holds his rights'

I will be glad when he moves on somewhere else and this is over, he is coming off as an egotistical entitled kid who got lucky with a loophole in the rules that he gets to shop himself without proving anything

50 pages within our grasp, folks.

DOOO EEEET.

it's gonna be tough but should the goal be to have the SS equivalent of the epic Mario Williams thread on the bills board?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.