Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

I don't know if I respect the NHL or not. The NFL pretends to care about player safety, but really doesn't. The NHL is verging on just not even pretending. Is being honestly despicable more worthy of respect than bring dishonestly despicable?

I think you are giving the NHL waaaay too much credit. They actually think they do care about player safety. They are just so incompetent, they have no idea they miss the mark by 5,000,000 miles every time.

I think you are giving the NHL waaaay too much credit. They actually think they do care about player safety. They are just so incompetent, they have no idea they miss the mark by 5,000,000 miles every time.

well.... if he hit Crosby, he'd be suspended for half the season.

And I'm sure you think he whines after every play. These things simply aren't true. It's made up fan crap.

He wouldn't have gotten half a season and I've NEVER thought Crosby was anymore whiny than the next, but Shaw would've absolutely gotten a more significant suspension if he hit a star player like that.

He wouldn't have gotten half a season and I've NEVER thought Crosby was anymore whiny than the next, but Shaw would've absolutely gotten a more significant suspension if he hit a star player like that.

It's true, it's definitely not blind justice.

So PK Subban can't play for Montreal because he's too individualistic, and draws to much attention to himself.

But they sign a multi-million deal for a POS who hits a guy from behind because he's angry at someone else, and waves to the crowd while he fights?

Therrien is one of the biggest POS dinosaurs in this league. I hate that guy.

Edited by dudacek

The TSN broadcast mentioned this last night, I was surprised I hadn't seen it in this thread...

Dennis Seidenberg signed a one-year deal with the Islanders on Wednesday, worth $1M.

https://www.nhl.com/islanders/news/seidenberg-agrees-to-one-year-deal/c-282207544

Not sure how good he is these days, but that seems like a good price.  He was an absolute animal in the playoffs for the Bruins that one year.

... I think the moral of the story is if someone hurts one of our players we should exact on ice revenge/justice

Absolutely, but who's going to do the dirty work?

Not half the season, but it would have been 5 regular season games, for sure.

And I'm sure you think he whines after every play. These things simply aren't true. It's made up fan crap.

Fwiw, I took pi's remark as directed to how screwed up the league is, not how much of a whiner Crosby is.

To be completely fair, it was definitely true of Crosby in his younger years. Sometimes it's hard to move beyond that first impression.

Fair. I think he's matured into being more even-keeled on that front.

yep.