Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

This is fair, but I sometimes feel,like I am the last person in Foligno's corner.

He passed the 200 game mark last season. What we saw in the second half is what he is.

Power forwards take awhile.

I still like the guy and want him on this team, definitely.

This is fair, but I sometimes feel,like I am the last person in Foligno's corner.

He passed the 200 game mark last season. What we saw in the second half is what he is.

I just don't understand why you're so certain, but I do hope you're right.

I just don't understand why you're so certain, but I do hope you're right.

Certain is too strong a word. It's more about being patient.

It feels like he's been around forever, but he's only played 267 games.

He's suffered from unrealistic expectations, injuries and the tank.

10 goals, 25 points are good totals for a 230-point winger who hits and fights and back checks and can dominate the boards.

He's only a year older than Jimmy Vesey and Casey Nelson.

Barrie, MacKinnon, and Grigorenko all qualified by the Avs.

Barrie likely headed for arbitration. Still a chance he gets too much for them to handle and they trade him to BUF! Let it be.

I too like Foligno. Think there is still plenty of upside in his development. $2.5m is fair.

Agreed. I don't think GMTM has any interest in him. Unless we're looking at playing the backline when Clitsome ands Pu are on the ice.

Term though? That's not a contract I want for a guy like that.

You say you like McGinn. I'm guessing what you think he's worth is half of what he signs for. What do you think he signs for?

A Wiercoch of course!!!!

I think McGinn gets Shaw $ around 3.something

I would give him that for 2 years and put him back with ROR until our young wingers are ready and we need to sign our young guns to new deals

I don't see someone giving McGinn more than what Shaw got, but you never know

I think McGinn gets Shaw $ around 3.something

I would give him that for 2 years and put him back with ROR until our young wingers are ready and we need to sign our young guns to new deals

I don't see someone giving McGinn more than what Shaw got, but you never know

I can agree with you on what he should get but I think I'm record as saying some GM will pay him 5. He will be an interesting one to see.

User Actions

45]

Follow jylxloz5vqx9rz7ltct8_bigger.pngEurolanche@Eurolanche

History was made today. Gormley won't be qualified and leave #Avs. The Lindros Trade Tree is dead after 25 years.

That's okay. Our trade tree from Rick Martin is still alive (currently Ryan O'Reilly, Jimmy Vesey, Evander Kane, Zach Bogosian and Jason Kasdorf are part of it).

Just saw the tree on Twitter and laughed at the timing considering the Lindros tree is dead.

Edited by Hoss

That's okay. Our trade tree from Rick Martin is still alive (currently Ryan O'Reilly, Jimmy Vesey, Evander Kane, Zach Bogosian and Jason Kasdorf are part of it).

Just saw the tree on Twitter and laughed at the timing considering the Lindros tree is dead.

Damn. I was impressed by a 25 yr tree. We still have players with connections to Rick Martin? Cool trivia.

I can agree with you on what he should get but I think I'm record as saying some GM will pay him 5. He will be an interesting one to see.

You really think McGinn gets 5 Million a season

WOW I love me some McGinn but I don't see it!

it would be great for him

maybe 4 million for the next 2 years (high end$)

You really think McGinn gets 5 Million a season

WOW I love me some McGinn but I don't see it!

it would be great for him

maybe 4 million for the next 2 years (high end$)

I think the GM's who were remarkably restrained during the draft, are going to get beyond stupid in FA. They always do. They always do.

There are so many components to the Martin trade that are still rolling I hope it never ends, I've been watching it over the last 10 or so years. There has been a few images of it made over the years, its fascinating to watch the ripple effect of one moment. Some of the biggest and most famous/infamous names in sabres history are involved. 

A team still pulling dividends from a trade in 1981 is really a testament to asset management and some good luck

Rick Martin played 5 games for the kings after the trade.

6 years. $5.4 AAV for Jones in CBJ.

http://jetsnation.ca/2016/6/28/report-bruins-considering-mammoth-offer-sheet-for-jets-trouba

Could the Winnipeg Jets find themselves over a barrel when the market opens at weeks end? If the Jets weren't feeling the pressure before, they probably should be now, especially in light of CSNNE's Joe Haggerty's report that the Boston Bruins are considering tendering a lucrative offer sheet to defenseman Jacob Trouba. 

(Not thread policing - those have been and are being discussed in the free agency thread. They're both free agency deals. Just mentioning in case you want to join a more active discussion on them)

Edited by Hoss

(Not thread policing - those have been and are being discussed in the free agency thread. They're both free agency deals. Just mentioning in case you want to join a more active discussion on them)

I will thread police. As free agency has not started yet they are not free agency moves, while I am fine not having the discussion in this thread, this is where the Jones deal should be and the other one honestly could be its own thread at this stage.

Sorry I am not slogging through a Free Agency Frenzy thread to find out that Seth Jones was signed... before Free Agency.