Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

Rumor has it the Canucks (auto-correct keeps changing it to chicks, lol) plan to go hard after Lucic

Wonder if Miller will demand a trade? They may have interest from the Flames........

Would be funny to see Lucid go to the Canucks, play on a team with Miller in a place he blasted because of the way he was treated when he came back home (as a bruin beating them in the cup finals)

Grimaldi's name rings a bell. NCAA guy? I seem to recall he's super frickin' short. Like Gerbe-sized.

23 year old center prospect (Grimaldi- 52 GP 16 G 17 A in the AHL last year) for 29 year old back up goaltender. No wonder I've never heard of these guys.

and the parallels continue.

George Richards, top Panthers local reporter, says the Panthers are "up to something... Stay tuned."

That's something? This guy needs to be taken out back and taught a lesson about how this works.

Im shocked. The NHL media treated him like the red headed stepchild most of the year.

Ya, I think it was because Eichel performed exactly as everyone thought he would (very well), and there was no surprise or story there. It didn't generate headlines (even though it reality it should have - his performance for an 18/19 year old rookie was quite the achievement) so the media largely ignored him. But he was recognized in the end. 

Grimaldi's name rings a bell. NCAA guy? I seem to recall he's super frickin' short. Like Gerbe-sized.

He's a local kid.   Skated with him few times last summer.   Trains with my friend Larry Barron.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-all-eyes-on-subban-and-stamkos~897816

Insider Trading (no geo lock).

There's a lot of SERIOUS PK Subban talk.

Tampa may be giving Stamkos an ultimatum to make a decision sooner rather than later.

Ben Bishop a primary target for the Flames.

Nothing fun.

You would think they would want Stamkos to decide by June 30 at the latest, if he was going to sign with them.