Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

I waltzed over to hf to see everyone laugh at the contract, and everyone there is applauding Philly, saying he played very well last year.

I think I'm just about done with that place.

Yeah that tells me everything I need to know about those boards :lol:

I waltzed over to hf to see everyone laugh at the contract, and everyone there is applauding Philly, saying he played very well last year.

I think I'm just about done with that place.

It is a place for children. High children.

Why is he still allowed in this league? The refusal to suspend him for a string of 3 or 4 nasty hits within a few games, like two weeks maybe, was one of the most absurd things I've ever seen the NHL do. It would be funny if it wasn't so terrifying (for the health of those he hit)

That was ugly, deserved suspension a few times.

He was actually pretty good in the playoffs it seemed. Still a dick but actually elevated his game slightly.

Rumbling: FLA preparing eight-year, $60M-ish extension for Aaron Ekblad. He can sign any time after July 1. Team and agent decline comment.

That seems to portend well for getting something done with Risto at a fair price. Yes?

That seems to portend well for getting something done with Risto at a fair price. Yes?

Well I would assume Risto gets less than 7.5mil per year but I would think it sets the absolute ceiling he could try and get. Ekblad is a better all around defender than Risto so I would guess Risto gets... 6, 5.5 maybe

The NHL is looking at a complain of tampering after what #canucks Jim Benning said yesterday regarding Steven Stamkos and PK Subban.

So Benning may have cost himself draft picks and/or money for two players he doesn't have a chance at? Can we call that The Full Benning?

The rotten eggs Benningdict.