Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

Jets No. 22 overall pick (acquired in Ladd deal) very much in play with Winnipeg looking for lefty D and top nine forward.

Hmm.  Gorges?

Who looks for a "top nine" forward? 

What a freaking bum Vanek turned out to be.

Maybe this should be a reminder that most mega free agent contracts don't work out. Look at all those who can't wait to see the Sabres through $12 mil a year at Stamkos. Those contracts most always end in regret.  

Maybe this should be a reminder that most mega free agent contracts don't work out. Look at all those who can't wait to see the Sabres through $12 mil a year at Stamkos. Those contracts most always end in regret.  

I believe it says LHD, so I brought up Gorges lol.

I would argue that the Stamkos situation is at least somewhat unique, as Stamkos may arguably be the best UFA in the last 20 years. Guys like him don't shake loose.

Not Chara or Hossa. 

And here's one close to your heart:  not Kovy.

But I agree that many turn out badly. 

I'd be interested to see a breakdown of elite UFAs who signed big deals at, say, age 28 or lower (i.e. where the player doesn't turn 29 until after his first season with his new team).

I just want to ask in your opinion, should they sign Stamkos and win a cup within say two or three seasons, is it worth it then? Knowing there are grenades involved that have to play out but you win a cup in the next two to three years. Is it worth it then? You better in believe it's worth it. imo.

Doug Armstrong says he'll be hitting the market for another goalie, most likely through free agency.

I'll bet we found Johnson's new home. Either St.Louis or Tampa

The guy who tweeted it isn't legitimate, but he does claim it's from Dreger.

Dreger: "I think he (Loui Erikkson) might be Vancouver's top priority." Says Eriksson wants six-years, Boston willing to go four. #Canucks

Edited by WildCard

Doug Armstrong says he'll be hitting the market for another goalie, most likely through free agency.

Dreger: "I think he (Loui Erikkson) might be Vancouver's top priority." Says Eriksson wants six-years, Boston willing to go four. #Canucks

I think Reimer fits with St Louis before Johnson.  Reimer went to the west coast and played really well in his 8-10 starts.  

I just want to ask in your opinion, should they sign Stamkos and win a cup within say two or three seasons, is it worth it then? Knowing there are grenades involved that have to play out but you win a cup in the next two to three years. Is it worth it then? You better ######in believe it's worth it. imo.

We all want a Stanley Cup. The problem is that I am not sure the 50-60 goal Steven Stamkos even exists anymore. $11-12 mil over seven years is a potentially crippling contract.  

@CraigCustance 3h3 hours agoBuffalo, NY

@GradySas Jun 22

Dreger did indeed say that.