Photography Thread

JJFIVEOH

cQt9ipI.jpgThey aren't the best pictures, but they're pictures of perhaps one of the cooler things I've seen. I was fortunate enough to witness a meteor shower while deployed and the night sky during it was incredible. I took some photos through my night vision goggles to try and show the amount of stars but it doesn't do it justice. Unfortunately I couldn't capture any shooting stars but I saw more than I could ever imagine seeing again. MPFpNv1.jpg

My camera saves in RAW and JPEG, I keep all my RAWs but I haven't really done any post-processing. I prefer to keep my shots as is, but I'd love to eventually get into Lightroom. I've tried some of the Canon software where I can mess with the RAWs, I'm sure Lightroom is much better. 

Oregon coastline

P0PtaOjh.jpg

I did a quick pass of this through lightroom:

qZubzT8.jpg

I also found this photo hanging around in my folder, which seems relevant for this site:

1jYY8iU.jpg

LTS, I love that beer shot! The simplest things make that picture, like the fact you avoiding shooting the tops of the bottles, that picture would have been completely different if you shot all of them in their entirety. Nice. 

I did a quick pass of this through lightroom:

qZubzT8.jpg

Thanks. That came out real nice. I'm going to have to eventually give that a shot, if anything just for the fun of it. Maybe I'll check out the trial and compare it to Canon's version, I'm sure Lightroom is better. 

I have many of Sainte Chapelle, but this one always felt special in that awe of higher power sort of way. 

m8GFSVf.jpg

Giverny- Monet's home

bBkwg1v.jpg

vywdSf5.jpg

aaand d4rk requested I post one of my neverending series of "Carter Powell Looking at Things" This is in Geneseo

2puxTMg.jpg

Edited by Josie914

Geez I am loving this thread. I use to belong the pioneer valley photo artists http://www.pvphotoartists.org

and The Professional Photographers Association PPA. http://www.ppa.comboth are great resources to figure how to take image and edit them.

Since folks are posting landscapes here is link to some of mine in the pioneer valley near Amherst, Massachusetts https://fischerwilliamsphoto.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Pioneer-Valley-Landscapes-and/

aaand d4rk requested I post one of my neverending series of "Carter Powell Looking at Things" This is in Geneseo

2puxTMg.jpg

There's a flightworthy version of one of those (C-47, the military variant of the DC-3) local to me.  For about a hundred bucks, they will take you on a low altitude excursion around the city.  I love the sound of the droning engines, reminds me of when I was a little kid and DC-3s were still landing at Buffalo Airport (I grew up just off the approach to main runway, in the Union-Genesee area).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.