Photography Thread

JJFIVEOH

Nope.

Madeira, Portugal.

An island off the coast of Africa and the home of that football prima donna crybaby and WC wilter, CR7

Its beautiful. I'll be traveling to Croatia next month. The pic u posted of Debrovnik has me excited to see the rest.

I am loving everyones pictures, so many very cool places and creative shots.

I'm a big fan of the scenery out here... not hard to get a good shot when the subject is so good.

Beautiful scenery.  I can see why you like it.

Its beautiful. I'll be traveling to Croatia next month. The pic u posted of Debrovnik has me excited to see the rest.

I am loving everyones pictures, so many very cool places and creative shots.

The coast of Croatia is very beautiful, but the area around Zagreb is very ordinary.

The old city of Dubrovnik is great and the suburbs are quite nice and not at all like the suburbs as we understand them to be.

Happy and safe travels.

I've always wanted to do some semi-serious photography, but I've never been willing to commit the money to it. Here's a couple of random photos that turned out better than they should have. 

uU2QtU5.jpg

Random picture I took with my phone, in 2008. Over looking the Genesee Valley from an apartment complex near Geneseo. If you remember what cameras were like on 2008 phones you'll see why I was happy about it.

8KhiGZC.jpg

Same year, but I think on a digital camera of some variety. Blue Mountain lake in the ADK. That's my wife pre- being my wife behind the reeds.

NQuip4S.jpg

The same picture everyone who's ever visited Letchworth has taken. I do like this one, though.

579542_794875097281_749818974_n.jpg?oh=3

View from one of the grain elevators in Silo City. Super low res, so don't look to close :/

I'm pretty sure most of these have come up at some point on Sabrespace, but here are the pictures we've taken through the telescopes while observing with our Astronomy Club. They aren't very good because it takes a long time to get the angles and lighting just right when using a cell phone, but I like them at least. The last one was Mercury's transit, taken today, split-second between clouds, when we should have been studying.

12046574_561965227286703_253871811768625

12036872_561965177286708_684522035457580

12004151_558225230994036_225843478797632

12042710_558225347660691_709256900741864

11141175_493057774177449_285733556585048

It won't let me post the last three pictures, so I need to wait for someone else to post something before I can add them haha

That's a cool shot of Saturn! Why use the cell phone over a traditional camera? I know it's easier, but has it come that far?

We just didn't have any cameras handy. There's a way to hook the telescopes up to a laptop, though, and you can get good pictures from that, but we haven't tried it, probably will in the fall.

Here's more!

My family's beloved rust bucket Fred, a 1929 Model A Ford I hope to inherit and restore.

7eA8to1.jpg

New Orleans last September

9fraewM.jpg

And this is Lavender, being all goofy a couple years ago. When she came to our rescue, she was severely underweight, scared, abused, and generally on death's doorstep. She had been an Amish driving horse before we bought her from the killpen. She was adopted out not long after these photos. Sadly, those owners fell upon misfortune and Lavender is back with us at the barn. 

b8JZCBa.jpg

J4VZ3Yn.jpg

Love the crop on the car pic.

And the motion on the horse is impressive.

I'll see if I can dig up some motion stuff later, but for now some still life:

post-2708-0-77867900-1463032028_thumb.jpg

And one that I've always loved for the way the light worked

post-2708-0-63280400-1463032375_thumb.jpg

Edited by dudacek

Josie, love the car pick! 

Your other pics are good too, I'm just partial to cars.  ;)

Oh, I've got buttloads of car pics. I've been going to car shows since before I could walk- and I have a whole series of Carter Powell Looking at Things at Car Shows. It's extensive.

I'll post more at some point! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.