Photography Thread

JJFIVEOH

I'm also getting into birding a little bit, mostly for the photography. I recently moved close to Prospect Park in Brooklyn so I've been going out with my camera after work, it's a really nice way to unwind.

Unfortunately, my longest lens is only 230mm so it's not the ideal gear. My instagram page is here: https://www.instagram.com/mustacheofgod/, I don't post as much as I should but I'm trying.

I'm trying to work on my composition, rule of thirds, golden ration, fibonacci curve, color theory...it's a lot to think about but practice makes perfect they say.

I'm also getting into birding a little bit, mostly for the photography. I recently moved close to Prospect Park in Brooklyn so I've been going out with my camera after work, it's a really nice way to unwind.

Unfortunately, my longest lens is only 230mm so it's not the ideal gear. My instagram page is here: https://www.instagram.com/mustacheofgod/, I don't post as much as I should but I'm trying.

I'm trying to work on my composition, rule of thirds, golden ration, fibonacci curve, color theory...it's a lot to think about but practice makes perfect they say.

Howdy neighbor!

If you haven't already done so, you should check out the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens for good photo opps.

Not bad and the new digital cameras are the reason I am no longer in the business. They created too many nuts and provided a wagon for the blind squirrels to sort thru. cant make a living at it. Neat pic though.

I could never afford to develop all that film so my camera sat alot. Digital photography is the only reason i snap pictures at all.

Sucks to hear about the business not surviving

Rule of thirds!

I'll have to dig some more up, I have a few that I'm somewhat proud of. My wife is a lot better at this than I am; she's done shows and taught classes for kids a CEPA in Buffalo.

attachicon.gif37417_1544011399243_4336265_n.jpg

attachicon.gif36867_1544948782677_4884240_n.jpg

I like the leaf shot. That's in my wheelhouse. I find the best shots come from looking down or looking up. Looking out, meh. I looked down in a cemetery once and saw this:

1848399765_1b22735659_b.jpg

A nice hobby and a great idea for a thread...  most of my stuff is not processed other than some quick light balancing, etc.  But why not share.

The question is... what site is a good place to load the pictures to make sharing the photo via the link easier?  Google Photos appears to not allow it.

Howdy neighbor!

If you haven't already done so, you should check out the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens for good photo opps.

Been a member of the BBG for 3 years now...it was just a nuisance for me to get to when I lived in Bushwick (would ride my bike but my GF hated that ride...or spend what seemed like an hour each way with the train/bus). Love going there with my Macro...looking at some of the color patterns in the petals almost give me flashbacks...to more experimental times in my life.

Cheers

I could never afford to develop all that film so my camera sat alot. Digital photography is the only reason i snap pictures at all.

Sucks to hear about the business not surviving

That is why I became an xray CT tech, still taking pics... of peoples innards now.

PS Hockey images and misc college and minor league stuff I did up in Danbury plus umass football and highschool football ppic and a Rugby job with CT Yankees: https://fischerwilliamsphoto.smugmug.com/Sports/Sports-Portfolio-Alex-Fischer/i-Hkk8TJm/A

A nice hobby and a great idea for a thread...  most of my stuff is not processed other than some quick light balancing, etc.  But why not share.

The question is... what site is a good place to load the pictures to make sharing the photo via the link easier?  Google Photos appears to not allow it.

Smugmug.com both consumer and pro galleries avail to set and use, great printing options thru the site as well.

I use Imgur. I like it because it gives you the option of choosing several different sizes to post on a forum. I used to use Photobucket but a few years ago they changed their interface and it hasn't been the same since. Extremely slow. I just wish Imgur's app was a little more useful.

Good stuff, folks.  Like weave, if I get a particularly good shot, it's mostly attributable to luck and good scenery vs. any particular skill on my part.  I couldn't tell you the first thing about filters and post-processing, although I'm impressed by people who know how to do all that.

Edited by biodork

Lovin all the pics. How do i get the picture to load full page instead of like mine did.

Are you using SabreSpace's media library? If you want it to post full page you'll need to use a photo sharing site like Imgur or Photobucket. 

I can't figure out how to imbed images in this thing so I'll post links.

I actually have two photos on display tonight at a charity art auction (never have had photos printed or shared before so I'm a little nervous).

Here's one that's being shown: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131734086@N05/24229024153/in/album-72157663673575339/

My flickr account has a bunch of photos from trips to Chile & Tanzania I took within the past 18ish months.

I love going out with a camera and taking pictures, especially when traveling. I shoot with a Fuji X-T1 and have a couple different fuji lenses which I enjoy.

Do you all shoot in RAW? With the level of control you have in post processing I can't imagine myself not doing so. One of my favorite aspects of photography is making adjustments in lightroom to get the photo just how I'd seen it in real life.

My camera saves in RAW and JPEG, I keep all my RAWs but I haven't really done any post-processing. I prefer to keep my shots as is, but I'd love to eventually get into Lightroom. I've tried some of the Canon software where I can mess with the RAWs, I'm sure Lightroom is much better. 

Oregon coastline

P0PtaOjh.jpg

My camera saves in RAW and JPEG, I keep all my RAWs but I haven't really done any post-processing. I prefer to keep my shots as is, but I'd love to eventually get into Lightroom. I've tried some of the Canon software where I can mess with the RAWs, I'm sure Lightroom is much better. 

Oregon coastline

P0PtaOjh.jpg

Do you have the RAW file of this? I'd love to play around with this in lightroom to show you how much you can enhance the photos.

IR lenses that are fast especially in low light, 2.8 lenses are in my bag 16-35, 24-70 and 70-200. I have 4.5-5.6 100-400 as well but only use it in daylight. Evenings not so much.

I only use RAW for still and landscape work high resjpeg for events, RAW takes up to much space and takes too long to post process all the event photos.Nice work now I want to go to Chile.

Thank you as well!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.