Photography Thread

JJFIVEOH

mustache and LTS -- very cool stuff there.

Did anyone else suspect all along that PAFan had a bug fetish?

I did.

Seriously .... GREAT stuff, here. Irwin, I may have known and forgotten ... Thank you for your service ...

Josie ... We've walked the same paths, if years apart .... Fine arts colleges to vacation cottages and bays! Important to add - I was a spectator, only, at the fine arts college!

Edit to add: and Sainte Chappelle!

Edited by N'eo

post-3401-0-60632000-1462722073_thumb.jpg

The famous Bridge on the Drina in Višegrad, BiH.

post-3401-0-74184500-1462722136_thumb.jpg

The Croatian coast.

post-3401-0-22013600-1462722422_thumb.jpg

Right smack dab in the middle of nowhere, BiH.

post-3401-0-37271400-1462722494_thumb.jpg

Neretva River, Mostar, BiH.

post-3401-0-33246500-1462722611_thumb.jpg

The view from our apartment in Sarajevo, BiH.

post-3401-0-64666600-1462722702_thumb.jpg

Hiking the Rakitnica Canyon, BiH.

Sarajevo, BiH ... 

post-3401-0-04522600-1462723140_thumb.jpg

Dubrovnik, HR

post-3401-0-50046000-1462723220_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

I love the idea of this thread. I took up photography about 5 years ago. As someone mentioned upthread,  DSL cameras allow me to take take several pictures of the same thing, but use different settings to get a different feel. I get immediate feedback on what works -- and doesn't. I was never good at film photography. I had no patience for it. 

I enjoy looking at others work. It gives me a ideas on seeing something from a different angle or perspective. 

post-4583-0-48070700-1462727921_thumb.jpg

Beautiful shots NS.

Yes, and educational. I learned something about SFiNS' homeland from those photos and feel am glad to have done so.

I love the idea of this thread.

Me too, and the execution by those posting photos. Very nice contribution by JJ.

Yes, and educational. I learned something about SFiNS' homeland from those photos and feel am glad to have done so.

Me too, and the execution by those posting photos. Very nice contribution by JJ.

Thanks, but just to be clear. 

I am not Bosnian, nor is it my heritage.  My heritage is a mixture of Austrian and Slovak, but I most closely identify with my Slavic roots.

My wife and I have spent a great deal of time in Bosnia during and since the war in the early / mid '90s.  So, you might say that it is our adoptive homeland in a way.

The chain shot is super cool.

Here's one I've always liked of my mom. After my dad died we'd go to the cemetery, but she didn't want to even look at the headstone. I caught this reflection where she seems to be embracing the gravesite while looking away. The clouds inside her head... weird.

2912959920_ec185ab51a_b.jpg

First - thanks for the kind words on the photo.

Second - this thread will make the entire off-season tolerable.  There is a lot of great stuff in here!

Third - I was never too crazy about shooting in RAW if only because of the size of the files. But that lightroom conversion sold me.  I might be going that route (and cheap memory cards now).

Love this thread.

A few more.. these are from some time back...

e0xWtfGl.jpg

LHrFI8ql.jpg

vzjhLhll.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.