DLDT: Draft Lottery Discussion Thread, 4-30-2016, 8:00pm est

WildCard

Not really

I honestly refuse to believe this ###### isn't rigged at this point

oh, it's definitely rigged.....

And yeah, the Laughs are gonna get slot better, fast. The difference is that Buffalo was in the hunt for the top pick after tanking with their top prospects playing for the club this year playing how we expected or a little above expectations . The Leafs top prospects were still in the minors getting the occasional call up, in Europe, or dominating juniors. Now throw in American McDavid and it's only going to get better. Would have been funny to see an American team win last year and a Canadian team win this year though.....

Also would have been cool to see the Coyotes win the pick to get their local boy who grew up with that team.

I think the leafs have quite a few question marks going forward surrounding goaltenders, defense and their wingers.

Same boat we're in. They have one good young defender on the back, goalies are a dime a dozen, and Nylander and Marner have them set at wings. Besides an ROR, they're set

Dont ever think the outcome of anything that could impair the Rogers contract isnt going to decided in favor of Rogers. McDavid? Canada.  Matthews? Toronto.  Hell lets throw the peg a bone. 

I wonder if the Leafs will still be willing to back up the Brinks truck for Stamkos now.

all the talk I heard the last couple days was that winning Matthews would probably take them out of the Stamkos sweepstakes, where as losing the #1 pick would cement them as the favorites to get them and they would go all in.

all the talk I heard the last couple days was that winning Matthews would probably take them out of the Stamkos sweepstakes, where as losing the #1 pick would cement them as the favorites to get them and they would go all in.

So who goes after him now? Montreal? Us?

Same boat we're in. They have one good young defender on the back, goalies are a dime a dozen, and Nylander and Marner have them set at wings. Besides an ROR, they're set

good goalies aren't a dime a dozen, the problem with Toronto, it seems like its a graveyard for goalies. Reimer has looked better in SJ, and Bernier has gotten worse since getting to TO. Talk is they will try to get Reimer back as a FA. A couple FA defence men and they could be better much sooner

Well I get that :lol:

But why?

I think their defense is weak. Marner and Nylander don't have size and our forwards are fast and talented enough to keep up with them. Matthews has to beat ROR not jack each night, so good luck. Their gt is bad and their defense has issues. Matthews doesn't make them better than Buffalo. Sam and Jack will be fine.

No, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal would have been worse.

I think Detroit will go hard to replace Datsyuk.

unless they can get someone to take Datsyuks contract, I don't think they could afford Stamkos

Montreal could go hard after him, and maybe Buffalo too. Otherwise it could be a team we least suspect (a wildcard, like when the Canucks signed Miller....)

Eichel >> Matthews.

This is going to be a crazy rivalry sooner rather than later. I can't wait.

Fix!!!!!!

Unfortunately Eichel == Matthews. It's been said if Matthews was eligible a year earlier the Sabres would have a tough decision to make.

Edited by Flatlander

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.