DLDT: Draft Lottery Discussion Thread, 4-30-2016, 8:00pm est

WildCard

I've had a feeling we will pick #3 for a long time; after so much desire to see us win the last 2 years and then not get #1, I figure we will win something now that no one has really been talking about this all season.

I say we pick third.

:beer:

For what it's worth, Bob McKenzie tweeted that quote re: Eichel and Matthews and called it "outlandish". Not sure how to post a tweet from iPad as the options usually at top of posting box aren't there, so I'll just post his quote:

McKenzie said - "Matthews is a tremendous talent, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but this quote strikes me as rather outlandish"

He also said after that according to most scouts he's talked to, Matthews would have been the consensus THIRD pick in last year's draft, had he been available there. So consensus is Eichel would have been taken ahead. But they are definitely in the same unviverse.

Quote from McKenzie - "Most scouts I talk to say Eichel and Matthews are quite comparable. Had Matthews been 2015 eligible, he'd likely have been consensus No. 3."

Also, for what it's worth, he also posted this: https://twitter.com/tsnbobmckenzie/status/726538025245745152

AT LEAST one team has Laine at 1, according to Bob.

......GMTM. That's my guess.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.