DLDT: Draft Lottery Discussion Thread, 4-30-2016, 8:00pm est

WildCard

Eichel could not carry Matthew's Skates to the rink. Are you ###### kidding me?

The gall of these ###### TO Writers

http://m.torontosun.com/2016/04/29/matthews-as-curious-about-canada-as-we-are-of-him

I saw that. Toronto media is being pretty funny. There was some radio show that spent 20 minutes talking about the Calder trophy, they mentioned Panarin, McDavid, Gostisbehere, Larkin, Domi, Parayko, and John Gibson by name. Didn't say Eichel or Reinhart's name once. Toronto and Buffalo may be competing for the same players (Vesey, Stamkos etc) and so I think they're doing it thinking they might have an influence on these players' decisions, by acting as if Buffalo isn't on the upswing while Toronto is doing everything perfectly and will compete for cups for decades to come.

Eichel could not carry Matthew's Skates to the rink. Are you ###### kidding me?

The gall of these ###### TO Writers

http://m.torontosun.com/2016/04/29/matthews-as-curious-about-canada-as-we-are-of-him

It's weird, why would you even say that? Hope Eichel sees it, hope it fuels him.

I hope we spend the next 20 years watching Eichel beat the Leafs 4 times a season.

I hope we win the lottery just so all the Toronto media and scouts suddenly have to do an about face and start criticizing Matthews

It's weird, why would you even say that? Hope Eichel sees it, hope it fuels him.

I hope we spend the next 20 years watching Eichel beat the Leafs 4 times a season.

I hope we win the lottery just so all the Toronto media and scouts suddenly have to do an about face and start criticizing Matthews

Seriously. When they drop to fourth/third, we'll see a "Could Tkachuk be the best player in the draft?" or a "Why Puljujarvi will have the best career of 2016 draftees" article within minutes.

I saw that. Toronto media is being pretty funny. There was some radio show that spent 20 minutes talking about the Calder trophy, they mentioned Panarin, McDavid, Gostisbehere, Larkin, Domi, Parayko, and John Gibson by name. Didn't say Eichel or Reinhart's name once. Toronto and Buffalo may be competing for the same players (Vesey, Stamkos etc) and so I think they're doing it thinking they might have an influence on these players' decisions, by acting as if Buffalo isn't on the upswing while Toronto is doing everything perfectly and will compete for cups for decades to come.

There's been a lot of this going around lately, it's really weird, and really ridiculous. Especially among Canadian outlets. I can't understand why it's happening, but you may be correct in your reasoning, at least when it comes to some outlets. Even McKenzie had an article out a little while ago about the Calder, and didn't even mention Eichel. 24 goals, 32 assists, 56 points as a 19 year old rookie centre on the Buffalo Sabres. Not even worthy of a mention.

It's frankly mind-boggling, to an extent. Doesn't even seem like an American bias, as players like Ghost and Larkin are getting mentions. To some outlets, it seems like Eichel doesn't even exist.

Wouldn't think it would bother me this much, but it seems like they are blatantly ignoring him. Never mind Sam getting any mentions. 3rd in rookie goal scoring. 

The lack of Jack Calder talk doesn't phase me. I like being an under dog.

But he's produced, as the underdog, and almost no mention is made of it. So as long as you are aware that when he produces in the future, the talk surrounding him will probably still be lacking. No reason to believe otherwise at this point. The media seems to have made their choice, and once they have a narrative, they tend to run with it. 

Let em keep ignoring Jack, more fuel for his fire. Those rosy cheeks are burning bright red with every word he reads.

I'm just glad the Sabres have 2 of the best players to come into the league last year and now are poised to grab another top player. Blessed.

This stupid thing is at 8? i thought 7. Dammit.

I just did a quick Google search, all seem to indicate it happens at 7pm est. Is there a source you saw that said 8pm?

Well I've done more Googleing and I guess it is at 8pm... did the time change?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.