Larsson Extended on a(nother) One-Year Deal

That Aud Smell

Good signing, he's only played one full year let him prove he's the player he looks like he can be. If the value doesn't match up at the deadline Murray can flip him for an asset.

I really like the player Larsson can be, I hope he continues his progression next year and gets the deal.

I see a nice long term role for Johan. Perfect bottom six guy with enough skill to jump up a line on an interim basis.

Agreed.  He really excelled in the second half of the season as a 3rd line C.

What are our guesses for salary?

He's no better than a third line center, which when the team is healthy is where Girgs should play. So hopefully Tim can flip him for a pick at the deadline if not in the playoffs, or a short term vet if they are.

I think he's a better 3C than Girgs though.

If we went to a more balanced line approach with 3 scoring lines, I still think Zemgus has more offensive juice than Larsson does, and would be more suited to such a situation. 

I think Girgs would make a great wing for Larsson.

WildCard, on 29 Apr 2016 - 7:41 PM, said:

I like the 3rd shutdown line personally

I thought that line was effective in that capacity, but are we seeing shut-down lines in these playoffs?  I mean, lines whose predominant role is to shut-down a top line.  I'm seeing shut-down lines that are a threat offensively as well.  Maybe Larsson thinks he has more offense to give and is holding out for a bigger contract, but I'm scratching my head trying recall if I thought Foligno, Larsson and Gionta were an offensive threat.  I think the Larsson we have seen really isn't on the roster of a legit playoff team.  And I like Larsson, but, well...

I thought it made sense to reward him for his play and sign him for two or three seasons at $1,350,000-$1,750,000 for his two way ability and his PK and face off work.  However, I cannot blame them for wanting to see more before raising the stakes.  Either way he's locked in.  One piece done. 

If we went to a more balanced line approach with 3 scoring lines, I still think Zemgus has more offensive juice than Larsson does, and would be more suited to such a situation. 

I can definitely agree with that.  He just had a really down year and I truly believe he'll rebound this upcoming season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.