2016 Second round of playoffs thread

Wyldnwoody44

Seriously wonder why GMTM didn't get prince from uncle b. A 3rd round pick is all it took and the Sabres have plenty of them this year. He's on the small side but produced decent stats at the end of the regular season for the Isles too.

The 2nd bolded goes a long way towards answering the 1st.

I was wondering when I'd hear the first 'he didn't play well because of the time off in between rounds' cliche. Sometime early into tomorrow's games we'll hear 'he's playing well because of the extra time off' cliche.

Gotta keep your head on a swivel in the wheelhouse if you literally want to create time and space in the dirty areas and get grade A scoring chances.

Fuggin Brad Park.  And why couldn't Andre Savard move a step to his left and take that one to his junk?  I seem to remember that was an afternoon start for that game maybe? I know I began watching one game that series at school after we talked (berated) our teacher into letting us watch.

It was a Sunday afternoon game. Game 2 was on a Friday afternoon, and the Bruins won after the Sabres had beaten them the night before. I got out of school early to watch it. It was a crazy series. The Bruins won Game 5 9-0, but the Sabres tied the series at home to force a deciding game.

Edited by PASabreFan

Fuggin Brad Park.  And why couldn't Andre Savard move a step to his left and take that one to his junk?  I seem to remember that was an afternoon start for that game maybe? I know I began watching one game that series at school after we talked (berated) our teacher into letting us watch.

It was a Sunday afternoon game. Game 2 was on a Friday afternoon, and the Bruins won after the Sabres had beaten them the night before. I got out of school early to watch it. It was a crazy series. The Bruins won Game 5 9-0, but the Sabres tied the series at home to force a deciding game.

The Celtics had a playoff game at home that day as well, and the Sabres-Bruins Game was moved to the afternoon as a result. 

One of the math teachers had reserved a TV for his room for the afternoon Game 2. Never seen so many people sneaking INTO math class!

The shot that hit the crossbar just now for the Ducks was Jamie McGinn. He has looked good the whole series. I wouldn't hate to see him back in a Sabres uniform next season.

He has been everything the Ducks could hope for and more. I don't know their cap situation, but I imagine they'd love him back

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.