2016 First Round of Playoffs Thread

Eleven

I really wanted to see some series end tonight.

Unfortunately, the only one is LA.

Pretty much all the teams I wanted to win.... Did not win And yes, that was a bad goal by quick....

It's OK. Thornton's Thorntonness rarely comes through in round 1. He almost always saves his complete choke jobs for round 2. :)

Oh look neuvirth leading the flyers to 2 playoff wins.... I think we had plenty of decent GT in buffalo post Miller, but murray sucks at GT talent

Murray's all about his goalie being "the hardest working player." He sees his goalie as captain, I think. All things being equal -- and there isn't a lot of difference statistically between the mass of goalies -- Murray wants a big, angry, intimidating lug back there. We shall see.

Questionable, he threw it, is that penalty shot material? I honestly don't know.

I get too caught up in the rulebook's verbiage sometimes. It says you can catch the puck but must immediately drop it or place it on the ice.

His foot was in the crease when he threw it.... Barely, but it was there, I'm surprised it was called.

Position of the puck is the deciding factor. The puck has to be in the crease. Which raises the question as to whether the crease extends up into infinity.

Are you ready now to admit that your *fancy stats* don't mean anything?

You don't have to like or use them, but to suggest they don't mean anything is factually incorrect.

Edit: What I want to know is why when fancystats aren't 100% accurate (putting aside that stats don't make predictions, people use them to make predictions) they get dumped on with stuff like this, but when people's completely stats-less predictions are wrong, nobody says something like "will you finally admit your eyes are useless?" Such a double standard.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Murray's all about his goalie being "the hardest working player." He sees his goalie as captain, I think. All things being equal -- and there isn't a lot of difference statistically between the mass of goalies -- Murray wants a big, angry, intimidating lug back there. We shall see.

I get too caught up in the rulebook's verbiage sometimes. It says you can catch the puck but must immediately drop it or place it on the ice.

Position of the puck is the deciding factor. The puck has to be in the crease. Which raises the question as to whether the crease extends up into infinity.

One of the analysts on the post-game show said that this is indeed the case, according to the rule book.

You don't have to like or use them, but to suggest they don't mean anything is factually incorrect.

Edit: What I want to know is why when fancystats aren't 100% accurate (putting aside that stats don't make predictions, people use them to make predictions) they get dumped on with stuff like this, but when people's completely stats-less predictions are wrong, nobody says something like "will you finally admit your eyes are useless?" Such a double standard.

Silly me, I forgot the  :P

Similar to discounting an eye test, even though sometimes they are just as predictive as some fancystat.

Well your eyes may not be useless, but your emoticon skills are :P

End of the semester = lazy students begging for extra credit = me with a short fuse. Sorry for popping off there.

Oh please, spare with that stuff.

No need to apologize.  I think you are real cute with steam coming out of your ears ...  :wub:

Also, at the risk of being warned about such things I kinda expected you would react the way you did ...  :angel:

It's been a long offseason already and we are just getting started.

Similar to discounting an eye test, even though sometimes they are just as predictive as some fancystat.

Do you have statistical proof for this? :p

Oh please, spare with that stuff.

No need to apologize.  I think you are real cute with steam coming out of your ears ...  :wub:

Also, at the risk of being warned about such things I kinda expected you would react the way you did ...  :angel:

It's been a long offseason already and we are just getting started.

I want Sabres hockey dammit!

There should be an unwritten rule amongst players not to slash the wrists and hands on purpose. Accidents happen but that's the most vulnerable area for a slash and I just don't think players should do that to each other. Heat of the moment, they're hockey players, it's a tough sport I get all that just sayin.

Oh my Danger Rangers

Man, is Pitt actually this good? I know the Rangers aren't great, but they're getting ripped apart

Clicking on all cylinders for sure but the Rangers are a mess right now led by a lost Hank who doesn't want to be there. I know there has been a lot of hope for Yandle on this board but the guy is brutal defensively and has been a disappointment manning the point all year. No way I want to invest the money he'll demand on market.

Lets hope we can get lucky and snag an RFA. Vatanen is just what we are missing and would be my target.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.