Trade Deadline 2016

Eleven

BRAWNDO, on 27 Feb 2016 - 3:53 PM, said:

GMTM could have looked at what was being offered for Johnson and realized rather than getting an another low round pick it's better to sign Johnson to an extension and have a solid goalie tandem for the next year or two.

This.  He's likely not going to find a better back up.  He might have to overpay a little since Ocho Cinco wants to try to start, but, Chad has done well here.

I'm starting to get worried. My brain says to have faith in GMTM, but my heart is telling me to panic.

Maybe I have that backwards...

Ok, exactly why are you worried? Like we sold off last season. Is it that you just want trades for the sake of trades? Not like you are expecting anything big I would hope.

Dallas has their expensive goalie tandem already. The Sharks make a ton of sense, but I'm surprised it was that cheap.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

Kindl has been traded to FLA.

Their expensive goalie tandem is still horrible. I know SJ needed a backup, I just figured they go a cheaper route. Though that was a pretty cheap deal for Reimer

Their expensive goalie tandem is still horrible. I know SJ needed a backup, I just figured they go a cheaper route. Though that was a pretty cheap deal for Reimer

Niemi and Lehtonen certainly haven't been great but they're first in the West and married to them. It's why there's been so much talk about them adding defense.

The deal was essentially Reimer for nothing.

Reimer is better than Johnson.

Not sure how we beat that.

Sticking with McGinn and a third for a second, or similar prospect.

Depending on which third we would deal in this scenario, and what team we trade him to, we could be dealing McGinn to move up a matter of a few spots in the draft, from early third to late second. So that would be McGinn for almost nothing. 

Depending on which third we would deal in this scenario, and what team we trade him to, we could be dealing McGinn to move up a matter of a few spots in the draft, from early third to late second. So that would be McGinn for almost nothing.

Yep, that is what I'm saying.

You want McGinn for pick 80?

Or McGinn and 80 for 50?

Sounds like that's the market

Yep, that is what I'm saying.

You want McGinn for pick 80?

Or McGinn and 80 for 50?

Sounds like that's the market

Well if we are dealing our third this year, it's not going to be 80. More like 61-65. 

So it would possibly be pick 50, or 62 and McGinn for the rest of the season.

I'd honestly rather keep McGinn for the rest of the year, help Eichel get a few more goals and finish the season on a positive note. 

He doesn't have to be traded. He will be, though. 

Well if we are dealing our third this year, it's not going to be 80. More like 61-65.

So it would possibly be pick 50, or 62 and McGinn for the rest of the season.

I'd honestly rather keep McGinn for the rest of the year, help Eichel get a few more goals and finish the season on a positive note.

He doesn't have to be traded. He will be, though.

I really don't see the advantage to keep McGinn. Like the player but he's testing free agency.

I really don't see the advantage to keep McGinn. Like the player but he's testing free agency.

I understand that viewpoint as well. I am fully aware that it doesn't seem all that rational on my part, but dealing McGinn for the opportunity to move up a couple spots in the 2nd/3rd round just seems like peanuts to me. If he is helping our team in a positive way right now, I'd rather keep him for the rest of the year so Eichel and the kids aren't subjected to a tire fire when they have no one competent to play with.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.