GDT: Pittsburgh @ Buffalo, 12:30 pm est, 2-21-2016

WildCard

That was the kind of game we would have seen a lot of this year if Grigorenko and Zadorov were still Sabres.

Good observation.

Having O'Reilly has been very critical to the development of the 2 kids & to keeping the team from being Edmonton-East.

I vote we ban Brawndo from attending anymore games!

I was only kidding upthread. (Kind of. ;))

Good observation.

Having O'Reilly has been very critical to the development of the 2 kids & to keeping the team from being Edmonton-East.

Very true. We were really starting to come around, it would be just a kick-in-the-nuts time for a lengthy ROR injury. I really hope he is ok.

Jack should get an assist on that last goal. If that was Draisaitl he would have been given 2.

My spin...

This was the best the Sabres have looked against the Pens since the winter classic.

We are younger and on the upswing. 

The torch may have been passed on this day.

For one period, I agree. We put up 15 shots, controlled play, and had a physical edge. 

From the 2nd on, the Penguins made it a point to use their speed and they totally outplayed us. Just dominated us. 15 shots in the first and a whopping 12 over the next two. 

We were atrocious in the face off dot, especially in key situations. REALLY missed ROR, but I have a firm grasp of the obvious. 

I know we gave up a fluke shortie, but they also rang a few off the iron, too. 

Can't wait for that torch to be passed. I HATE that phucking team with a passion. They are up there with Boston, TO, Philly in my book. 

GO SABRES!!!

I am shocked by how bad the Pens' roster is outside of Kessel-Crosby-Malkin-Letang-Fleury. Somebody screwed up.

This is what happens when you trade two 2nds for Douglas Murray (and other such things) every single year. You can only sell so many assets to win now before the cap and depth catches up to you. By always winning now, you eventually can't win now. Having important contributions from players on ELCs and cheap bridge deals is so important, but pretty hard to do when you trade all of your best picks/prospects for rentals.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I am lazy and weak and don't want to read the whole thread to see if this has been discussed. I listened on the drive to Buffalo and back. Why Duff again? Are they setting things up for two TV voices and one radio voice next year? It sounds like Duff could be good, but he's trying to do too much. He's trying to do Rob's job during the play by play. It's so maddening, his being hung on some chit chat while a goal is being scored. He also does the Dunleavy, the non-goal call goal call. "And that's the first time we've seen Letang kill a penalty in Buffalo since November of oohhhhhhh my! And there it is. Pittsburgh is up by three!!" (Exaggeration.)

Edited by PASabreFan

Kane has been so bad today.

Yeah. He looked lost out there today.

It took Bogosian until February to display some game in the offensive zone.  Where has that been?  I hope he can keep it up.

Dan, when your down by 2 with less than five minutes left, tell Ristolainen to carry the puck in.

Oh and that play by Risto on the 4th goal was terrible.  What was he doing?

Remember when the Pens were so close to moving to Kansas City? Remember when the Pats were gone to St. Louis? The Kansas City Penguins and the St. Louis Stallions.

Now imagine their respective leagues without them now. You just can't. Amazing how fast the fortunes of these franchises change.

Anyone watching the stadium game? Notice the enormous numbers on the shoulders? It's for the PBP guys so they can identify the players from the football press box.

The same reason poor people chant Death to Amarica on the streets of the Middle East.

Because they sent drones to bomb your house? Edited by PromoTheRobot

Anyone watching the stadium game? Notice the enormous numbers on the shoulders? It's for the PBP guys so they can identify the players from the football press box.

Because they sent drones to bomb your house?

Sure, but a lot of it is envy. We're rich, even the poor of us compared to them.

That was the kind of game we would have seen a lot of this year if Grigorenko and Zadorov were still Sabres.

Zadorov yeah, Grigorenko no, should watch an avalanche game now and then.

And really why are we going back there, as a grigs fan boy this hurts :p

Edited by Huckleberry

Frustrating game.  Lehner saves that one breakaway and we're in OT right now.  Getting good takes time and patience isn't my strong suit.

I think that's Risto's goal.  He had position and played the puck, and missed, allowing Cullen to get behind him.  Risto had a rough game.

Edited by Robin Egg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.