GDT: Pittsburgh @ Buffalo, 12:30 pm est, 2-21-2016

WildCard

I think this is the best measuring stick game yet this season. The Sabres are play well and a good opponent comes to town. It is time for this team to take the next step and the days of going backward should be over.

Would love to see a high energy, spirited victory today. Get the crowd fired up early and often...

This just shows me how far this team has to go.....ugh

The word outclassed comes to mind. Just not ready for prime time. 

For as hard as he plays the game, Kane has absolutely no feel for it at all. ZERO hockey sense. 

Bag skate Eichel at his next practice. It is imperative that he is visible, EVERY shift. Lazy Jack showed up today. 

Samson is not a center in this league at present. 

GO SABRES!!!

I thought Sam looked pretty good in the first.

Obvious bad play on the Kessel goal.

One bad shift and he can't play OT. One bad period and he can't play centre.

Too weak, too slow, needs to start in Rochester.

So far, Sam has been pretty good at proving people wrong.

Edited by dudacek

The pbp guy is pretty bad. Too much focus on player names, not enough on where the puck actually is. Several times he referred to the puck going "this way." And of course, we had to stomach several story times during gameplay.

National NBC feed, ladies and gentlemen.

Too much pointing out where every American player is from on this Hockey Day in AmericaTM.

Woah woah woah. Whole lot of conclusons being jumped to after a bad period. Our best and most important forward is out.

That's no excuse for others and perhaps some of these guys are grasping at that crutch. 

Kane's lack of hockey awareness cost us three scoring chances. At least. 

Jack's floating and otherwise lackadaisical play prevents him from being the force he needs to be. ESPECIALLY in the absence of our best player. 

Samson doesn't look comfortable at the center position. 

These are impressions based on a season's worth of observations to date. I don't think I'd classify them as conclusions set in concrete; I understand it's a work in progress. But I don't care that they are young and still learning the league, either. I appreciate that some lessons are harder than others, but I get the sense that DD coddles these guys too much. 

Mostly, I'm must frustrated with today's game, though. 

GO SABRES!!!

That's no excuse for others and perhaps some of these guys are grasping at that crutch.

Kane's lack of hockey awareness cost us three scoring chances. At least.

Jack's floating and otherwise lackadaisical play prevents him from being the force he needs to be. ESPECIALLY in the absence of our best player.

Samson doesn't look comfortable at the center position.

These are impressions based on a season's worth of observations to date. I don't think I'd classify them as conclusions set in concrete; I understand it's a work in progress. But I don't care that they are young and still learning the league, either. I appreciate that some lessons are harder than others, but I get the sense that DD coddles these guys too much.

Mostly, I'm must frustrated with today's game, though.

GO SABRES!!!

This strikes me as wholly unreasonable.

The word outclassed comes to mind. Just not ready for prime time. 

For as hard as he plays the game, Kane has absolutely no feel for it at all. ZERO hockey sense. 

Bag skate Eichel at his next practice. It is imperative that he is visible, EVERY shift. Lazy Jack showed up today. 

Samson is not a center in this league at present. 

GO SABRES!!!

Reinhart has had a couple of very good plays and a couple of stinkers. Pretty sure he was expecting to play wing today. Give him a couple of games to get adjusted to playing there w/ NHL wings and then we can start making judgments.

Its all just background noise to me as I watch the game. Its the same when I watch the game on the CBC. All I really care about is beating this team.

I've been practicing doing pbp in my spare time, so now I'm cursed with always listening to those dopes, now. I used to like Danny D before I started listening closely.

Yeah, CBC does mention what town a player is from pretty often, actually.

I have no problem with it, except today, "That's what this weekend is all about."  (Yes they just said that on NBC.)  I have no problem with working that kind of stuff in, but today it's so forced that it's embarrassing to listen to.

When we winthis forum is all rah,rah. When we lose wow such negativity. Awhile back we were praising Kane now we act like he should be run out of town.

Who's saying that about Kane? It's been posted since October that Kane has absolutely no ice vision. Doesn't mean he's not valuable, it's just annoying

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.