McKenzie speculates that Stamkos will end up in Buffalo

Brawndo

Hmmm, certainly a lot going on in here since I last visited this thread.

I have 0 clue what Stamkos may do, I personally think we could build a better, longer running, competitive team without his albatross of a salary. Stamkos has a great shot, but doesn't have that edge, and his lack of leadership in the playoffs turns me off.

I'd rather take 2-3 decent players to even out our depth than drop 10 min on ol stammer

• 3 months later...

This just made everything ten times worse. Me responding to you is making a mistake because, due to your mildly well-known name as a reporter, everybody will back you up...

But your report makes absolutely no sense. You say McKenzie has a good lay of the land regarding the Sabres/Stamkos discussion. Bob comes back DIRECTLY TO YOU and tells you he isn't saying anything about a Sabres/Stamkos discussion. It was essentially a game show. Based on your brief breakdown of the discussion a more appropriate tweet would've excluded any connection from the Sabres to Stamkos as nothing related to the Sabres was being reported by McKenzie. Your tweet indicates that what he said on TSN was an example of his grasp on the situation surrounding Stamkos AS IT RELATES TO THE SABRES.

I'm sure Bob McKenzie has as good a grasp on Stamkos as anybody outside of Stamkos' life and Tampa Bay.

Also nobody here said you said it was a done deal. Don't get your Twitter battles mixed up with what's going on here. The person that persistently claimed you did was a fool for doing so and your badgering/quote tweet bullying of him only made him look more foolish.

The initial tweet is irrelevant to the discussion because the discussion is specifically about the Bob McKenzie tweet. And you say you only credited Bob because he started the conversation but then the conversation you represented in your post is exclusively about Bob McKenzie.

I think you missed on this one.

And your long attack on GoDD probably would've gotten a suspension at least for many. But I don't actually think you'd be banned. My comment was about somebody saying my post about you could be ban worthy. Neither of us should be banned for our comments, but if one of us would be the other certainly crossed whatever imaginary line is drawn.

I value you as a reporter in Buffalo sports. One of the very select few I think has legitimate sources and is willing to go to the dirty places for a small scoop (I know this to be true). But I think you're just as grumpy as the rest and far too condescending/defensive with those who know far less than you. It's a big world with a lot of people. There are few shared experiences between certain people so shaming them on twitter by making their ignorance public instead of just ignoring it is wrong.

the fact that Stamkos and Sabres continues to be a topic of discussion some four months later leads me to believe that the discussion i had with my source was accurate.

jw

the fact that Stamkos and Sabres continues to be a topic of discussion some four months later leads me to believe that the discussion i had with my source was accurate.

jw

Does it continue to be one?  I have not heard/read anything; granted, most NHL press has been geared towards the playoffs for the last eight weeks.

jw

I think the only topic of discussion that involves Sabres and Stamkos is that they MAY be one of about 6 teams that have a legitimate shot. 

I think this is the post in question:  http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23996-mckenzie-speculates-that-stamkos-will-end-up-in-buffalo/?p=796415

It set off an unfortunate shitstorm.

I'm just wondering what the latest word is because I haven't heard anything.

Ah okay, thank you. 

I would guess that until the UFA courting period starts we won't hear much. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Let's dream for a second:

O-Reilly - Stamkos - Bailey

??? - Eichel - Girgensons

Kane - Reinhart - Fasching

Deslauriers - Larsson - Whoever

DMan acquired - Risto

McCabe - Bogosian

DMan acquired - Pysyk

Lehner - Ullmark

The top-pairing dman would have to be acquired with some mix of Ennis or Girgensons plus picks and prospects. The bottom-pairing dman could be Weber or another free agent. The left wing for Eichel could be a draftee or a free agent.

Insert Vesey for ????

You guys know that there's software out there that can pick up your name from any site the second it's mentioned right? it's like saying Beetlejuice.

Well, google isn't showing me anything, so I'm wondering what JW is hearing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.