Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

When you play with the big boys, you're going to take a hard fall unless you build a machine. This is done through great ownership and management. IMO Buffalo's time has come and gone to be a champion and there's little to no hope for both of these Pegula-run organizations.

Well, I'd rank him probably in an 18-23 range of NFL qbs this year. I just think he's maxed out and that we need to find better.

And that ranking takes into account the running. If analyzing solely throwing and pass plays, he plummets to bottom 6-7.

I don't think that's unfair. I'd imagine that even adding his rushing totals to his passing totals would still keep him in the dregs of qb yardage. And a lot of games, he has an easier time getting a 9-12 yard run off than a 9-12 yard pass.

I think he's more in the 15-20 range (12-15 last year IMO), so we're pretty close overall. I dunno, maybe I'm reading your voice too harshly, but when I read your posts on Tyrod I see you verbally throwing him over the Falls without a barrel :lol:

I think he's more in the 15-20 range (12-15 last year IMO), so we're pretty close overall. I dunno, maybe I'm reading your voice too harshly, but when I read your posts on Tyrod I see you verbally throwing him over the Falls without a barrel :lol:

That's the nature of football I think, every compliment is made with elation and every criticism is tinged with intense bitterness/disgust, because those are the only two possible emotions most fans feel when watching the games in my experience :P I like the guy a lot, I'm just ready to try the next one.

The thing that's really bugging me about the Bills defense is the asymmetry in the problems. Last year we had pretty great coverage (from our corners, anyway), we just couldn't get near a QB, so guys got open. This year, we're getting to the QB (minus today, but Oakland's OL has been magnificent this year), but can't cover anyone. Last year's corner play with this year's pass rush, and we're probably a playoff team in spite of everything else.

So glad I didn't invest a summer of hope and four months of my Sundays and $200 for Sunday Ticket into yet another rerunning of the same old that's been rehashed here forever. Best decision I made this year.

Please God, don't let the Sabres come to this.

So glad I didn't invest a summer of hope and four months of my Sundays and $200 for Sunday Ticket into yet another rerunning of the same old ###### that's been rehashed here forever. Best decision I made this year.

Please God, don't let the Sabres come to this.

Isn't it awesome!? It feels so freaking good when I'm not miserable, 9 Sundays a football season.

The sad part is - the Bills will finish at or just above .500;  left out of the playoffs for another record setting season of fail, and yet the Ryan show will continue -  they're not BAD enough to force a change.    Total yards defense ranking is 13th currently -  and passing defense is ranked 8th.  

If the team were, say,  4-8 now instead of 6-6,  there would likely be pressure for change.    I wager the only big change - the Bills will hunt around for another "undiscovered" journeyman ham and egger backup QB to replace the current garbage,  as they did with Fitzpatrick, Brohm, and most recently Tyrod Taylor.   Then Brandon will market him as the next big thing!  "What a find!  How could <insert team name> have just left him sitting on the sideline?"    lol.   

It's almost like the Bills should draft a qb every year until one pans out.

The team has been woefully in need of a real QB for, what, 15 years now?    In a QB-centric game?

Here's what we've had since Doug Flutie for Starting QB

Rob Johnson

Alex Van Pelt

Drew Bledsoe

JP Losman

Kelly Holcomb

Trent Edwards

Brian Brohm

Ryan Fitzpatrick

EJ Manuel

Thad Lewis

Jeff Tuel

Kyle Orton

Tyrod Taylor

It's like a veritable QB Hall of Shame. Most of those guys would be lucky to make it to 2nd or 3rd string on a good team.  

The sad part is - the Bills will finish at or just above .500;  left out of the playoffs for another record setting season of fail, and yet the Ryan show will continue -  they're not BAD enough to force a change.    Total yards defense ranking is 13th currently -  and passing defense is ranked 8th.  

If the team were, say,  4-8 now instead of 6-6,  there would likely be pressure for change.    I wager the only big change - the Bills will hunt around for another "undiscovered" journeyman ham and egger backup QB to replace the current garbage,  as they did with Fitzpatrick, Brohm, and most recently Tyrod Taylor.   Then Brandon will market him as the next big thing!  "What a find!  How could <insert team name> have just left him sitting on the sideline?"    lol.

This. Sad but fans will buy it.

IMHO, we need to poach some guys from successful organizations to change the culture of this miserable franchise. The Bills almost always promote from within for staff openings. And, the cycle of sucking just continues...

The last two GM hires have been from successful organizations.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.