Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

I gotta take out the trash. Gotta figure out how to stretch that job out.

Usually takes me 3 hours every Sunday. Most times I start at 1pm though

I can't believe Taylor missed Watkins there, except that I can totally believe he missed Watkins there.

Watkins can. He looked frustrated at that one

I'm at the point now where I can no longer watch another Buffalo Bills game that involves Rex Ryan as the head coach and Tyrod Taylor as the starting quarterback.

Anyone else at the same point?

It's just so unbelievable and so sad at what has happened to this franchise.

Edited by FuhrFury

That was pathetic. Everyone on the field, both teams, knew the game was over after the 3&out following the raiders quick strike to make it 24-16.

Don't want TT on this team. Any other year he spends here takes away from one trying to find another qb that can play. Don't care if we lose more than we did the past two years. TT will never QB a team to the playoffs.

That was pathetic. Everyone on the field, both teams, knew the game was over after the 3&out following the raiders quick strike to make it 24-16.

Don't want TT on this team. Any other year he spends here takes away from one trying to find another qb that can play. Don't care if we lose more than we did the past two years. TT will never QB a team to the playoffs.

Don't put it all on TT ... defense gave up 29 straight f*in points ...

1) If Joe Flacco and Andy Dalton and Alex Smith can do it...

(hey, it's not like I'm contending he can do anything once he gets there!)

2) Tyrod was abysmal in the second half. The coaches were gutless closing out the first half. But the biggest problem with the team continues to be the defense: the Bills were up by 15 and managed to lose by 14. Obviously the offense contributed to that with their inability to move the ball, but coming into today the offense was 8th in DVOA while the defense sat at 19th. 

1) If Joe Flacco and Andy Dalton and Alex Smith can do it...

(hey, it's not like I'm contending he can do anything once he gets there!)

2) Tyrod was abysmal in the second half. The coaches were gutless closing out the first half. But the biggest problem with the team continues to be the defense: the Bills were up by 15 and managed to lose by 14. Obviously the offense contributed to that with their inability to move the ball, but coming into today the offense was 8th in DVOA while the defense sat at 19th.

TT's 140 check down yards per game probably don't contribute a lick to that DVOA, I'd put that more on the 200+ rushing yards we get every week. Worst passing game in the NFL, best rushing game in NFL. Combined with my eye test, I just can't give TT credit there.

Not excusing the defense at all either, but at least we knew they were going against incredible players. Oakland's secondary isn't special. TT looks the same against good and bad defenses - unable to anticipate. This is unforgivable and he won't get better at it, unfortunately. He is a failure as an NFL quarterback, though I'm happy that they tried it out and brought him in. I don't regret where we are with him to this point. I'm just ready to try again.

TT's 140 check down yards per game probably don't contribute a lick to that DVOA, I'd put that more on the 200+ rushing yards we get every week. Worst passing game in the NFL, best rushing game in NFL. Combined with my eye test, I just can't give TT credit there.

Not excusing the defense at all either, but at least we knew they were going against incredible players. Oakland's secondary isn't special. TT looks the same against good and bad defenses - unable to anticipate. This is unforgivable and he won't get better at it, unfortunately. He is a failure as an NFL quarterback, though I'm happy that they tried it out and brought him in. I don't regret where we are with him to this point. I'm just ready to try again.

Well, Tyrod is contributing 40 rushing yards per game, so that's not nothin' with respect to our team's rushing attack. Teams needing to account for his rushing helps open things up for McCoy. And he is generally a pretty efficient passer with a high completion percentage and few turnovers. I know that's not as fun as 350 yards with a couple of picks, and it may not even be as good as that alternative, but it's not nothin'. I don't think he's the answer and I'm not paying him $18 million per year, but I continue to believe you think he's worse than he is. If we construct a Sabrespace continuum of Tyrod opinions, you'd be on the far negative side and Freeman would be on the far positive side, while I float somewhere in between.

Speaking of Freeman! Dear Sir Moderator, are you sure you don't want anyone else quarterbacking this team next year? :p

Well, Tyrod is contributing 40 rushing yards per game, so that's not nothin' with respect to our team's rushing attack. Teams needing to account for his rushing helps open things up for McCoy. And he is generally a pretty efficient passer with a high completion percentage and few turnovers. I know that's not as fun as 350 yards with a couple of picks, and it may not even be as good as that alternative, but it's not nothin'. I don't think he's the answer and I'm not paying him $18 million per year, but I continue to believe you think he's worse than he is. If we construct a Sabrespace continuum of Tyrod opinions, you'd be on the far negative side and Freeman would be on the far positive side, while I float somewhere in between.

Speaking of Freeman! Dear Sir Moderator, are you sure you don't want anyone else quarterbacking this team next year? :P

Well, I'd rank him probably in an 18-23 range of NFL qbs this year. I just think he's maxed out and that we need to find better. 

And that ranking takes into account the running. If analyzing solely throwing and pass plays, he plummets to bottom 6-7.

I don't think that's unfair. I'd imagine that even adding his rushing totals to his passing totals would still keep him in the dregs of qb yardage. And a lot of games, he has an easier time getting a 9-12 yard run off than a 9-12 yard pass. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.