Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

I was talking to my Jets fan neighbor after the game last night, he's a little younger than me but we started discussing our fandom through the years.  He says he's just as passionate about the Jets as he was as a kid.  I told him that I've been a detached observer for almost almost a decade. Twenty five years ago a game like last night would have ruined my week.  Last night...nothing.  It makes me wonder if that faucet can ever get turned back on when the Bills are somehow relevant again.

I was talking to my Jets fan neighbor after the game last night, he's a little younger than me but we started discussing our fandom through the years.  He says he's just as passionate about the Jets as he was as a kid.  I told him that I've been a detached observer for almost almost a decade. Twenty five years ago a game like last night would have ruined my week.  Last night...nothing.  It makes me wonder if that faucet can ever get turned back on when the Bills are somehow relevant again.

Me too. Just not a huge football fan anymore

Is the blown time out on that ridiculous cadence play Rex Ryan's "4th and stupid."  I can't imagine there is a coaching staff out there that is worse at time management than the Bills coaching staff. Simms and Nance hit it right on the head. 4 minutes and down by two scores and this offence has no urgency, taking 20-25 seconds to line up and run a play. Don't they practice 2 minute drills? 

That sequence was utterly inexcusable. EJ in for the hard count. Timeout. Anemic power run.

And, of course, any chance the team would have had for a few plays at the end was lost because they were short one of their timeouts.

It seems like it's a characteristic of every Bills coach since Marv that they are all terrible at making in-game adjustments. If the other team finds something that works.... game over.

I feel like this is 95% of all NFL coaches, including a bunch who have won recent championships.

The Pegulas were bamboozled by Rex. His being here is on them, and on the wunder brand manager.

Brandon knows business, but he doesn't know shinola about football.

As long as Brandon is in the Pegulas' ear about GMs and coaches, the Bills will be a blind squirrel looking for a nut.

They can and should get rid of Rex, but that won't solve the root of their problem.

They need a football czar. I hope they haven't given up on that.

Were you hacked by an unholy alliance of PA and Freeman?

Serious question: if the Bills are 0-4 in 2 weeks, does TP fire Brandon, Whaley and Rex a la firing Darcy and Rolston -- and bring in Jimbo as president to find the next GM and coach a la PLF?

I vote yes.

I can see Whaley and Rex on the hot seat, but Brandon remains nothing more than a wet dream of yours.

I have a confession to make. I was in the car listening on the radio, and at one point Fitz scored and I did a little fist pump. I was more excited about my Fitz prediction being right than disappointed that the Bills were getting beat. 

This is where I'm at. 

I'll start working on the Avatar.

0-2 with Arizona and New England coming up.

Realistically, we are looking at 0-4 including 0-3 in Conference and 0-2 in the Division. I just don't see the Bills wining 8 out of 12. Not with this coaching staff.

Is the blown time out on that ridiculous cadence play Rex Ryan's "4th and stupid." I can't imagine there is a coaching staff out there that is worse at time management than the Bills coaching staff. Simms and Nance hit it right on the head. 4 minutes and down by two scores and this offence has no urgency, taking 20-25 seconds to line up and run a play. Don't they practice 2 minute drills?

At this point my best hope is your antics in the politics thread earn a permaban and that nullifies the avatar bet :cry:

I was talking to my Jets fan neighbor after the game last night, he's a little younger than me but we started discussing our fandom through the years. He says he's just as passionate about the Jets as he was as a kid. I told him that I've been a detached observer for almost almost a decade. Twenty five years ago a game like last night would have ruined my week. Last night...nothing. It makes me wonder if that faucet can ever get turned back on when the Bills are somehow relevant again.

That's how my father is. He's like that with the Sabres too.

Were you hacked by an unholy alliance of PA and Freeman?

I can see Whaley and Rex on the hot seat, but Brandon remains nothing more than a wet dream of yours.

Hey - call it like I see it.

Brandon has got to go. Or be firmly cordoned off into the business side of PSE.

I have a confession to make. I was in the car listening on the radio, and at one point Fitz scored and I did a little fist pump. I was more excited about my Fitz prediction being right than disappointed that the Bills were getting beat. 

This is where I'm at. 

Entirely reasonable.

That's how my father is. He's like that with the Sabres too.

The Sabres being bad is so much more tolerable. 82 games. Long season. Background ambient noise 2 or 3 times a week, at worst.

Hey - call it like I see it.

Brandon has got to go. Or be firmly cordoned off into the business side of PSE.

The problem IMHO is that this is simply not a realistic possibility.  He's not going to go from president of the organization, with significant input on everything, to marketing director. 

While I agree with TBPhD that he's probably safer than DW and Rex, I think him having that status is a big mistake by TP.

Serious question: if the Bills are 0-4 in 2 weeks, does TP fire Brandon, Whaley and Rex a la firing Darcy and Rolston -- and bring in Jimbo as president to find the next GM and coach a la PLF?

I vote yes.

The only part I don't like about that is the acrimonious departure of Kelly later on.  :(

Me too. Just not a huge football fan anymore

A big part of that is the TV coverage, National games like last night are over the top, and the normal Sunday coverage is by people who may or may not know the teams or care who wins.  Contrast that with hockey where, yeah, the national coverage is still terrible, but the vast majority of the games get a dedicated broadcast crew (homers, if you will).  I think that really helps fans get into the game.

But, like - why?

Shaq, Ragland, no Tyrod, and hopefully a 2nd wr.

I wanted to ask this question: Why, in 16 years of mediocrity, have we not once jumped up into the top 5 and selected a QB?

Side note: my buddy Gates does WGR late night, and today he tweeted into the am show to play the 'You are 16 going on 17' song from I believe The Sound of Music. I thought it was hilarious

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.