Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

YardsPerPass (hat tip Brawndo, I think) just tweeted an NFL source quoting an NFL coach saying firing Roman makes no sense, like blaming stewards for downed plane, that this must be owner driven.

YPP observed: More likely Darth Brandon.

FML.

Yep, they were on their man for the most part, but then got McKelvin-itis.

Sometimes, I guess.

Other times, they were on the wrong side of the guy, albeit close, and had no help in the middle.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I saw plays where Gilmore missed the ball by an inch.  Statistically, that's just going to happen more on some days than on others.

Gilmore was terrible last night. I've been a huge fan, but his struggles last night weren't a matter of inches. On Fitz' first big completion he got burned. Fitz didn't lead his receiver and still completed it.

Several other plays he got flat out beat.

I saw plays where Gilmore missed the ball by an inch. Statistically, that's just going to happen more on some days than on others.

And the first drive where he just flails his arms? I don't think there's a whole lot of bad luck for him last night, or Darby. Locate the ball earlier and position yourself better

Ian Rapoport said Rex has the full support of ownership.

SI reporting the "management" forced Rex to fire Roman: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/rex-ryan-bills-use-greg-roman-as-sacrificial-lamb-to-appease-the-fans/1fpf513y2je6z1en0lh0lydq5m

Makes perfect sense. I mean, Roman's offense failed to score more points that the Jets offense. That's how football works right? It's just offense vs offense?

Hmm.

Maybe it was less scheme and just poor performance, or poor preparation/anticipation.

A thought: Maybe the corners were surprised by how vertical many of the routes were and how quickly the ball was coming out. Maybe they'd prepared for different attack angles.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/09/16/report-bills-fire-oc-greg-roman/

Buff News saying the Pegulas met with Rex this morning and were unhappy with the offense.

Paging PA. Paging PA.

The court will now entertain a motion to renew based on the discovery of new evidence.

Wow.  If Brandon or TP forced the firing of Roman, it's an ever bigger clown show than I thought.

Totes.

They need to ###### right off with that. I know more football than the Pegulas, and I don't know ######.

Perfectly stated.

Paging PA...

:w00t:

Is Brandon the only common thread in the drought?

He came on board in ~1997. 

The only others from the FO who've been around this whole time would be Berchtold and Overdorf, I am guessing.

Those pre-date the drought, though.

And those old guard guys were around during the heyday too.

Edited by That Aud Smell

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.