Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Well, I'm not going to say our offense is championship caliber or anything, but this is the scapegoatiest scapegoat that was ever scapegoated.

Yeap. Way easier to dump him then blame Rex or Whaley, let alone the QB you just sunk $20M into. We also already dumped our DC from last year so we're running short on scapegoats

Yeap. Way easier to dump him then blame Rex or Whaley, let alone the QB you just sunk $20M into. We also already dumped our DC from last year so we're running short on scapegoats

How do you arrive at $20M?

I'd read that his guaranteed money this year is $9.5M.

I have many gripes -- the contract they got for Taylor is not one of them.

No way Jose. We're not going 5-11 first off, and even if we hit that mark if it's close games or Tyrod's fault, Rex stays. They love this guy, and invested heavily in him. He's got one more year at least

Bills remaining schedule:

Sep. 25                 Cardinals             

Oct. 2                    at New England Patriots

Oct. 9                    at Los Angeles Rams

Oct. 16                 San Francisco 49ers

Oct. 23                  at Miami Dolphins

Oct. 30                 New England Patriots

Nov. 7                   at Seattle Seahawks

Nov. 20                 at Cincinnati Bengals

Nov. 27                 Jacksonville Jaguars

Dec. 4                    at Oakland Raiders

Dec. 11                 Pittsburgh Steelers

Dec. 18                 Cleveland Browns

Dec. 24                 Miami Dolphins

Jan. 1                    at New York Jets

Certain losses:

- Cardinals

- both Patriots games

- Seattle

- at Cinci

- Pittsburgh

- at Raiders

Probable losses:

- 49ers

- at Jets

- one of the Miami games

Probable wins:

- at Rams

- one of the Miami games

- Jaguars

- Cleveland

That's 4-12, with the possibility of flexing to 6-10.

I don't think they'll do better than 6-10.

Oh I know the schedule, but I refuse to play that game. Jets and Ravens were wins under most people's books to start the season, and so was a Patriot loss in Arizona. I've played the schedule game too many times, there's no point

They even had a contest over at TSW for about 10 years where you had to predict the outcome of every Bills game when the schedule came out in April.  I think the closest anyone ever got was week 8 or 9.

I don't think there's been a DT in the history of the league worth two wins over 16 games, let alone two wins in two games.

That was kind of a joke, but we've been absolutely horrible on 3rd downs these past two games. I have to believe that he would have made a big enough difference to have effected the outcome of at least one of these games.

If they keep him. And unless they hit the jackpot somewhere else or decide to blow it up, he's staying

The contract is specifically designed so that the team can cut bait if he were to regress this season. Through Week 2, he has regressed. Badly. Barring a turnaround, he's a goner.

Ted Washington was -- but he was a far superior player.

Right on. Ted is a hall of Famer in my opinion. Being a completely immovable object who was also surprisingly quick;Ted was perhaps the greatest run stopper the league has ever seen.

You could drive a truck into that guy and you wouldn't move him back from his stance.

Oh I know the schedule, but I refuse to play that game. Jets and Ravens were wins under most people's books to start the season, and so was a Patriot loss in Arizona. I've played the schedule game too many times, there's no point

No one should ever attempt to predict wins and losses based on future schedule. It makes no sense and means nothing.

The contract is specifically designed so that the team can cut bait if he were to regress this season. Through Week 2, he has regressed. Badly. Barring a turnaround, he's a goner.

That was part of my point. If he's gone, they're blowing it up. I don't think they'll blow it up

I think you're overrating him

Agreed. Stopping the run was fine, and Fitz was pressured. He got the ball out quick, and our DBs were absolute garbage

That was part of my point. If he's gone, they're blowing it up. I don't think they'll blow it up

Given what I've seen to date, I think they will have little choice but to go nuclear.

Agreed. Stopping the run was fine, and Fitz was pressured. 

this-is-fine.0.jpg

He got the ball out quick, and our DBs were absolute garbage

I feel like I can't be sure this was the case. Suddenly those two guys are bums? Or were capable of such awfulness? Something something scheme help over top something.

IMO Gilmore and Darby were exactly where they need to be. I lost count in how many times they were blanketing a guy and just could not locate the ball or make a play on it

From what I saw in the first half, the Jets did what we have wanted the Bills to do for a long time:  Throw the ball up and let their receivers make plays.  It paid off more often than it will, on average, against Gilmore and Darby.  

From what I saw in the first half, the Jets did what we have wanted the Bills to do for a long time: Throw the ball up and let their receivers make plays. It paid off more often than it will, on average, against Gilmore and Darby.

Agreed. Their receivers flat out beat our DBs on contested throws

That was kind of a joke, but we've been absolutely horrible on 3rd downs these past two games. I have to believe that he would have made a big enough difference to have effected the outcome of at least one of these games.

For the first two games this season the Bills offense is 6/27 on third downs, have run a meager 97 total plays and have been in the red zone only twice. That's garbage.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.