Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

I'm not sure why I care about this team anymore

I'm just hanging on now because I don't want to be labeled a band-wagoner if they ever manage to win anything. But it gets harder every year, especially when new sports keep popping up that I have more fun watching than football. 

I'm pretty happy with Premier League Soccer killing an hour of my Sunday morning over a Bills loss killing my entire Sunday afternoon. 

I'm just hanging on now because I don't want to be labeled a band-wagoner if they ever manage to win anything. But it gets harder every year, especially when new sports keep popping up that I have more fun watching than football. 

I'm pretty happy with Premier League Soccer killing an hour of my Sunday morning over a Bills loss killing my entire Sunday afternoon. 

Troof.

The Bills stinking has made the overall dullness of watching NFL football that much more glaring.

Friend of mine has NFL redzone. It's great because I see all the important parts of the Bills game without having to waste time. Also the only reason I pay attention to the NFL anymore is Fantasy. Watching a 60minute game take 3 hours or more is just awful. Every single stoppage in play there is a commercial it feels like. 

In fairness to the Bills, this was a typical, unforseeable training camp injury, right? Not an "everyone in the NFL but Rex and Whaley knows that Shaq is going to need shoulder surgery?"

Yes. I haven't seen too many people calling for Rex or Whaley's heads on this one. The only mention I've seen is if these injuries should guarantee them a free pass this season (I say absolutely not).

At Bills camp today on my BD, tight ends need work catching. Cardale has a long way to go. One good pass, one bad... , Spikes is a big guy. Oh line looks decent but hard to tell. Working on a lot of punt coverage today. Jeez Striker is small... Got VIP along sidelines through a friend. Rob Ryan is a walking heart attack waiting to happen. Hard to tell if they will be any good.

Edited by North Buffalo

At Bills camp today on my BD, tight ends need work catching. Cardale has a long way to go. One good pass, one bad... , Spikes is a big guy. Oh line looks decent but hard to tell. Working on a lot of punt coverage today. Jeez Striker is small... Got VIP along sidelines through a friend. Rob Ryan is a walking heart attack waiting to happen. Hard to tell if they will be any good.

No it isn't.  They won't be.

Even though you're kidding the safety spot could be a position of real worry. It's yet to be seen how Aaron Williams plays after a near career-ending injury

I read this morning that Williams is out with a likely concussion after a scary collision with Dez Lewis. I hope they're both okay, or soon will be.

The more I watch football (other sports too - but mostly the NFL), the more I am inclined to think that athletes have widely varying abilities to avoid injury or, at least, avoid competitive situations that place them at heightened risk of injury. Think of the running back about whom pundits say it's hard to get a clean shot on him. And I'm not saying that highly aggressive players, by definition, can't have a knack for avoiding injury-delivering situations, collisions, or hits. Something like a sixth sense - I'm not sure it can be coached.

In that regard, I'm wondering if Aaron Williams is the sort of player who lacks a good measure of that "sixth sense." Maybe the fact that he's been converted to safety as a pro plays a role.

Friend of mine has NFL redzone. It's great because I see all the important parts of the Bills game without having to waste time. Also the only reason I pay attention to the NFL anymore is Fantasy. Watching a 60minute game take 3 hours or more is just awful. Every single stoppage in play there is a commercial it feels like. 

I'd have to get really drunk to enter an NFL arena.

I read this morning that Williams is out with a likely concussion after a scary collision with Dez Lewis. I hope they're both okay, or soon will be.

The more I watch football (other sports too - but mostly the NFL), the more I am inclined to think that athletes have widely varying abilities to avoid injury or, at least, avoid competitive situations that place them at heightened risk of injury. Think of the running back about whom pundits say it's hard to get a clean shot on him. And I'm not saying that highly aggressive players, by definition, can't have a knack for avoiding injury-delivering situations, collisions, or hits. Something like a sixth sense - I'm not sure it can be coached.

In that regard, I'm wondering if Aaron Williams is the sort of player who lacks a good measure of that "sixth sense." Maybe the fact that he's been converted to safety as a pro plays a role.

I think some of these guys are just better built to avoid injury. We see guys get concussions from the smallest of hits, yet guys like Chris Neil and Rob Ray took much bigger hits and never seemed seriously dinged.

I thin there is a physiological difference.

Per Tim Graham

I'm hearing upcoming Tyrod Taylor deal is not a bridge contract. Bills are all-in, maybe as long as six years (unsure on options).

Uuuuhhhhhh....

I'm a pretty big Tyrod supporter, and I'll withhold judgment until the terms and particulars are known...but this is at least a little scary.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.