Sabres' brass LOVES Leafs fans at FNC

PASabreFan

To me at least, the comment means that Pegula's "I'll dig another well" comment was fantasy. 

This Toronto thing, no matter how minor posters want it to be, tells us the Sabres are already undertaking risk management due to the team's poor performance. 

We're starting to see how Pegula handles a potentially sinking ship. Will he throw fan loyalty out the window? What kind of man is he really now that we're past the puff pieces? Let's find out.

What sinking ship?

And how is a single sentence in a response to a query from a TO based travel writer for a SO newspaper from an employee 2 levels below TP creating a reason to question whether TP will "throw fan loyalty out the window?" :unsure:

The Sabres (through Gilbert) did NOT target Loaf fans. The travel piece writer did. And most likely he was using "Toronto," "Ontario," & "Leafs" as the adjective prior to the word "fans" interchangeably.

AND Mike Gilbert's job is to make money for the Sabres via getting as large a community as possible interested in attending Sabres games (& most likely additional events at HC). HIS job isn't to put a better product on the ice - that's TM's job.

[EDIT: & if TM is successful, that should also help TP make more money.]

The Sabres voluntarily offered the quote for a piece the nature of which they had to know. I'm sure the writer said, "Hey, I'm doing a story on all the stuff for Leafs fans to do around the arena and why they should shuffle off to Buffalo for a game." If the Sabres didn't target, they saw an opportunity to help someone else do it for them. Semantics. As for Toronto, Ontario and Leafs being interchangeable adjectives, that is an extremely generous interpretation.

The Sabres voluntarily offered the quote for a piece the nature of which they had to know. I'm sure the writer said, "Hey, I'm doing a story on all the stuff for Leafs fans to do around the arena and why they should shuffle off to Buffalo for a game." If the Sabres didn't target, they saw an opportunity to help someone else do it for them. Semantics. As for Toronto, Ontario and Leafs being interchangeable adjectives, that is an extremely generous interpretation.

You all should read the Future of Sports commissioned by Jeremy Jacobs and you really wouldn't worry about who is or who isn't being courted to the arena.

Amongst a slew of other projections one portion discusses the inevitability that 90% of us will be experiencing our sporting events at high tech sports bars within 25 years.

You all should read the Future of Sports commissioned by Jeremy Jacobs and you really wouldn't worry about who is or who isn't being courted to the arena.

Amongst a slew of other projections one portion discusses the inevitability that 90% of us will be experiencing our sporting events at high tech sports bars within 25 years.

Go onnnnnn...

I think a lot of the stuff in that report is pretty out there, but the overall point it makes is a good one: Watching and following sports teams is going to change dramatically within most of our lifetimes.

I see we are still under the disbelief that the travel piece was all about the Sabres and Southern Ontario/Leaf fans when it touched upon the new attractions and amenities available to visitors. If those suffering from their myopia could suspend their cynicism they might see it was a nice piece about Buffalo that touts how it's a good place to spend some time and money. 

I'll take a visionary organization looking to boost the region and it's businesses every day of the week. 

GO SABRES!!!

This little ditty has flown right over my head.....

tl; dr

:lol:

you fooker.

Once again and with feeling ... it's not about the invitation.

It's what it means ... that the Sabres management and owner are, indeed, worried about losing money and not about winning cup(s).  If it were they would not care about how many fannies were in the seats.

:worthy:

God dammit  :lol:

Please help an aged social media challenged fellow SS-er.

So basically you have decided to double down on ignorance? They did not "offer" a premeditated quote. There wasn't a staff meeting on how to answer the travel blog writer. Mike answered a simple innocuous question. I later spoke to the author on the phone and your interpretation is wrong. He is a Sabres fan. He was there. He knows exactly the context of everything that was said. Although I'm not going to make public what he really said, to paraphrase using my own words, every single thing you said about the situation is garbage. Utter garbage.

Your insistence in using any words from that article against the Buffalo Sabres is your insistence to lie about the organization. And this is the garbage that I'm tired of having on Sabrespace.

So basically you have decided to double down on ignorance? They did not "offer" a premeditated quote. There wasn't a staff meeting on how to answer the travel blog writer. Mike answered a simple innocuous question. I later spoke to the author on the phone and your interpretation is wrong. He is a Sabres fan. He was there. He knows exactly the context of everything that was said. Although I'm not going to make public what he really said, to paraphrase using my own words, every single thing you said about the situation is garbage. Utter garbage.

Your insistence in using any words from that article against the Buffalo Sabres is your insistence to lie about the organization. And this is the garbage that I'm tired of having on Sabrespace.

Look at you, back for more. The intent of the author and Gilbert is still irrelevant but you keep taking PA's bait. PA has a problem with the team acknowledging non-Sabres fans. He thinks it's intentional. Speculation, but certainly not harmful. And it's generated interesting discussion.

And yet you take offense instead of leaving things alone. Stop being a fool. If you're going to take something like this and decide it's inappropriate, then perhaps it's time for Sabrespace to be done. Clearly it's become too much for you.

And yet you take offense instead of leaving things alone. Stop being a fool. If you're going to take something like this and decide it's inappropriate, then perhaps it's time for Sabrespace to be done. Clearly it's become too much for you.

You shut your mouth. If SDS doesn't want to do it, I'll do it. Gonna promise you, I may be more lenient with the posts, but he does a really, really good job with the maintenance and build of this website. 

Where's Liger when you need him? Could really use a youtube clip of Alfred's dialogue about the truth having its day.

I would expect the "some people just like to watch the world burn" quote.

And all I take from what has been said here since my most recent post is that some people take this place way too seriously. Censorship? Challenging authority? It's a freaking message board. The social and political angst is way over the top.

I would expect the "some people just like to watch the world burn" quote.

And all I take from what has been said here since my most recent post is that some people take this place way too seriously. Censorship? Challenging authority? It's a freaking message board. The social and political angst is way over the top.

Entertainment is serious bidness.  This place is entertainment.  If the Sabres get sucky, we get angsty.  If Sabrespace gets sucky, we get angsty. 

You shut your ###### mouth. If SDS doesn't want to do it, I'll do it. Gonna promise you, I may be more lenient with the posts, but he does a really, really good job with the maintenance and build of this website.

That's great. But this forum doesn't exist without members to post on it. And this forum is unique because of people like PA. If you want some sterilized watered down dung heap go to HFBoards or something. This forum is great and it should be allowed to continue without this kind of heavy-handed interference, which seems to grow more common every year.

And SDS can answer for himself. He doesn't need your help. He's a big boy.

Look at you, back for more. The intent of the author and Gilbert is still irrelevant but you keep taking PA's bait. PA has a problem with the team acknowledging non-Sabres fans. He thinks it's intentional. Speculation, but certainly not harmful. And it's generated interesting discussion.

How is the intents of the author & of Gilbert irrelevant? Both have stated (off line) that the intent assumed by the OP was NOT their intent. And if the quoted Sabre employee is stating that he isn't dissing Sabres fans, how is the organization? Is it some sort of secret code that only a select few have the decoder for, the originator of the coded words not included among the select few w/ the decoder?

And, as long as this is his sandbox, SDS gets to decide what is and isn't appropriate here. I'm glad he doesn't take his puck home but lets us keep playing.

That's great. But this forum doesn't exist without members to post on it. And this forum is unique because of people like PA. If you want some sterilized watered down dung heap go to HFBoards or something. This forum is great and it should be allowed to continue without this kind of heavy-handed interference, which seems to grow more common every year.

And SDS can answer for himself. He doesn't need your help. He's a big boy.

I'm actually just really, really bored

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.