GDT: Detroit @ Buffalo, 7:00pm est, 1-22-2016

WildCard

Here it is folks, Larkin vs. Eichel 4.0. Both red-shirt rookie phenoms stand tied at 30 points and 14 goals a piece, each 1 point behind Max Domi and a distant 15 behind Artemi Panarin for the rookie leading scorers. Whereas Larkin came out blazing from the gate, earning himself an ASG nod and plenty of well-deserved hype, Eichel took a little while longer to find his legs, and still may be doing so, indicating the best is yet to come. Since the start of December, only Panarin has more points than Eichel, and it's those two, then the rest. Eichel comes into tonight with 16 points in his last 15 games, and will look to build on his last success vs Detroit, a contest that saw Jack post 2 beautiful goals and Reinhart contribute a ppg in a 4-3 loss after the Wings scored late on a softie let in by Johnson. The Sabres will look to even the season series tonight at 2 games a piece, and continue to make a push up the standings.

The Red Wings, 5-41 in their last 10 and coming off a 2-1 loss vs. St.Louis on Wednesday night, will look to further entrench themselves in a playoff picture that has seen the collapse of the Canadiens and the resurgence of the Lightning. Detroit, the only EC playoff team with a negative goal differential (-6), has only 4 more goals than the Sabres on the season, and 9 less allowed. The Wings provide a great test for our young team; filled with savvy vets and on ice-smarts that make us all look like Ted Cruz, the Wings are a team where our system and positioning is absolutely essential if we have any chance of winning.

Look for Johnson and Mrazek to go. Both of these are complete guesses. Reinhart left the Avs game with an UBI, no news on his status yet, and both Zemgus and Ennis are also out with UBI's. Our team really needs to hit the gym

Game Preview (Available now)

STATS:

All Stats Buffalo @ Detroit (5-4 SO loss) 

All Stats Buffalo @ Detroit (2-1 win)

All Stats Detroit @ Buffalo (4-3 losS)

All Team Rankings

Team Comparison Chart

Buffalo: 

Forwards: (Holy hell is this forward lineup just ###### brutal)

9 Evander Kane – 90 Ryan O’Reilly – 26 Matt Moulson

COR – 15 Jack Eichel – 88 Jamie McGinn 

82 Marcus Foligno – 22 Johan Larsson – 12 Brian Gionta

84 Phil Varrone – 59 Tim Schaller -17 David Legwand  

Defense:

47 Zach Bogosian – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

Josh Gorges – 46 Cody Franson

Mike Weber – 3 Mark Pysyk

29 Jake McCabe

Johnsons:

31 Chad Johnson

40 Robin Lehner

503180752-jack-eichel-of-the-buffalo-sab

Edited by WildCard

I have returned to my home and will attend my first FNC game since 2003 (I believe). I'm starting a tour of downtown and all the changes and development. I can't wait. I'll have a beverage at 716 and I've made reservations at Chefs. Spaghetti Parm, my first in 19 years ...

Go Sabres, and PM me for a drink, dinner, meet up if you're close!

I have returned to my home and will attend my first FNC game since 2003 (I believe). I'm starting a tour of downtown and all the changes and development. I can't wait. I'll have a beverage at 716 and I've made reservations at Chefs. Spaghetti Parm, my first in 19 years ...

Man,

That sure sounds awesome. Wish i could attend!

If I wasn't getting my butt on the road back to Rochester at the stroke of 5:00 I would come find you. Enjoy the new Buffalo! 

Holy Shnikes, dude! Welcome home!

I'm all excited now.

It may be worthwhile to bang over and check out RiverWorks (just over the bridge pass Swannie, on Ganson Street). Pretty bad ass.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.