GDT: Detroit @ Buffalo, 7:00pm est, 1-22-2016

WildCard

Is this just a lost season with Ennis? I honestly can't recall what's become of him. Has he had two separate injuries?

Definitely shaping up as a lost season. Injuries and poor play when on the ice. Bleh.

And yet the last week or so the team has gone on a winning streak and has been playing quite well. With a bunch of AHL'ers and scrubs in the forwards. Interesting.

We also had a streak last year winning 10/13 with a worse lineup.

Definitely shaping up as a lost season. Injuries and poor play when on the ice. Bleh.

Yeah. The principal reasons we're not in that low-20s range, IMO: (1) Moulson giving essentially nothing; (2) Ennis being lost and injured; (3) to a lesser extent, patchwork goaltending.

What makes them red-shirt?

Sounds like Samson will return after the all-star break (per Sylvester and Peters).

Well, technically Eichel would be the only red-shirt, as it's his first year eligible to play in the league and he is. 

Tonight could get real ugly, folks. That is a tank lineup right there, though this time it's due to injury. 

Edited by WildCard

Well, technically Eichel would be the only red-shirt, as it's his first year eligible to play in the league and he is. 

Tonight could get real ugly, folks. That is a tank lineup right there, though this time it's due to injury. 

... if it were his first year of eligibility and he is playing that is the exact opposite of a redshirt though right? Reinhart would be kinda like a redshirt because he didn't play last year but was eligible. Pysyk maybe because he played in the AHL last year instead of Buffalo where he belonged.

... if it were his first year of eligibility and he is playing that is the exact opposite of a redshirt though right? Reinhart would be kinda like a redshirt because he didn't play last year but was eligible. Pysyk maybe because he played in the AHL last year instead of Buffalo where he belonged.

Apparently I have the exact opposite definition of red-shirt; clearly I don't pay attention to NCAA sports at all. What is the word for a true freshman then? Just that? A true freshman? 

Kinda of excited about tonight's game. For Christmas My Wife got tickets for the game and we are spending the night at Marriott HarborCenter sans kids.

Pro tip: don't drink too much ;)

Don't listen to those guys.  It's very rare getting a night out without the kids so you take advantage of it my friend!!  Buy a couple of beers at the game and get yourself a bottle of the good stuff for back at the hotel :flirt:  :beer:

Duly Noted! :)

Most of the time when we do a get away from the kids, we are both passed out by 10 PM with or without alcohol!

The key is to at least pass out after you make all of Liger's faces. Gotta take advantage of the alone time.

He's gotta drink exactly the correct amount... it is a delicate balance between ;) ;) :wub:  and :beer: :beer: :sick:

Brown chicken brown cow. ;)

Apparently I have the exact opposite definition of red-shirt; clearly I don't pay attention to NCAA sports at all. What is the word for a true freshman then? Just that? A true freshman? 

Rookie in his draft year?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.