GDT: Detroit @ Buffalo, 7:00pm est, 1-22-2016

WildCard

At right, Jack Eichel cheers his own goal, the most interesting hockey player in the world.

This was great, well done.

Our line-up today looks....almost unpalatable, knowing who's missing. Eichel's linemates make me sad, when he's tied with Dylan Larkin in rookie scoring, and Larkin gets to line up on the other side with Pavel Datsyuk. Eichel certainly is facing an uphill battle in regards to who's he's playing with in comparison to a lot of the other top rookies, at least at 5 v 5. Would have liked to see Eichel at RW on line 1 with ROR while Sam is out. Structure the other 3 lines as checking lines for now, and hope for the best.

Pressure will be on our workers to draw some penalties tonight.

This was great, well done.

Our line-up today looks....almost unpalatable, knowing who's missing. Eichel's linemates make me sad, when he's tied with Dylan Larkin in rookie scoring, and Larkin gets to line up on the other side with Pavel Datsyuk. Eichel certainly is facing an uphill battle in regards to who's he's playing with in comparison to a lot of the other top rookies, at least at 5 v 5. Would have liked to see Eichel at RW on line 1 with ROR while Sam is out. Structure the other 3 lines as checking lines for now, and hope for the best.

Pressure will be on our workers to draw some penalties tonight.

I would also throw Eichel on line 1, and hope that line can find 2 goals, and hope for a bonus goal from the bottom six like in that Caps game.

Is this just a lost season with Ennis? I honestly can't recall what's become of him. Has he had two separate injuries?

From a reliable source, he may be done for the year ala 2015 Lehner.

I have returned to my home and will attend my first FNC game since 2003 (I believe). I'm starting a tour of downtown and all the changes and development. I can't wait. I'll have a beverage at 716 and I've made reservations at Chefs. Spaghetti Parm, my first in 19 years ...

Go Sabres, and PM me for a drink, dinner, meet up if you're close!

I actually looked into flights outta Chitown to do the nostalgia tour with you and of course Chef's but nothing getting in in time for the game. 

Apparently I have the exact opposite definition of red-shirt; clearly I don't pay attention to NCAA sports at all. What is the word for a true freshman then? Just that? A true freshman? 

Haha.  Yes to all three :D

True freshman = actual freshman

Redshirt freshman = sophomore who sat out his freshman year.  His sophomore year of school would be his freshman year of eligibility.

So, yes, I suppose you could say Larkin and Samson are red-shirt freshmen if you wanted ;)

A team that tanks and is an immediate playoff contender of course.

If only it were the same team. Nice try. My jab at GED had to do with his comment that tonight's lineup looks like a bottom five team when the Sabres have been a bottom five team (and worse) for weeks.

I have returned to my home and will attend my first FNC game since 2003 (I believe). I'm starting a tour of downtown and all the changes and development. I can't wait. I'll have a beverage at 716 and I've made reservations at Chefs. Spaghetti Parm, my first in 19 years ...

Are you me?   Did that tour last month... first game at FNC since early 2000's.   We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Canalside, it was absolutely fantastic.   Took the family to Chef's (hadn't been in 25 years) and spent just about all our time at Canalside/Harborcenter skating, eating, drinking, watching hockey, shopping, etc....  Would definitely do it again, the kids can't wait to go back!  Enjoy your stay.

Eichel and Bogo hit up Chef's for lunch today.

as was theorized elsewhere on this board -- based in part on the national publication that reported this week that eichel always eats at the same joint on game days at home -- i think chef's is where eichel eats every home game day.

Kinda of excited about tonight's game. For Christmas My Wife got tickets for the game and we are spending the night at Marriott HarborCenter sans kids.

So tonight you two either WIN or Win.  Depending on the Sabres outcome.

Awesome stuff.

Go Sabres!

I am overwhelmed .... I had no idea ... More to come, later .... Been to Riverwalk ... Walking Canalside, now. Awesomeness, times 1,000

Glad you're having a good time.

Would have tried to meet up w/ you but couldn't get out of Ra-cha-cha until just now. If you see someone in the Audette w/ the C on it, say 'hi.' I'll buy you a beer.

:beer:

as was theorized elsewhere on this board -- based in part on the national publication that reported this week that eichel always eats at the same joint on game days at home -- i think chef's is where eichel eats every home game day.

Take a victory lap. No passive voice or implied subject Taro-style. Declare it! I know I did when I accurately predicted Rick would not retire after this season. You guys remember that?

Take a victory lap. No passive voice or implied subject Taro-style. Declare it! I know I did when I accurately predicted Rick would not retire after this season. You guys remember that?

you're a funny man,

because of this bit especially.

Edited by That Aud Smell

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.